PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite possibly an idiot for looking for this, but...

ANGEL_OF_WAR
11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
...I'd like to find a plugin that allows me to animate in Layout using a game controller.

I'm doing a very simple scene with a helicopter-like vehicle. It should bank slightly when it turns and I was trying to make it look realistic while keyframing.

Games are cool but since they render as you play they aren't as realistic as cinema right? But what if you could use the same theory in Layout? Parent a camera looking out the front of the model, hit the space bar to start "recording" and just fly around. Or with a character, program certain moves and attach them to a button or directional on a game pad and just start playing the character. Hell with walk paths and stuff LOL!

Tweak the motion and then render.

Maybe I'm just stupid... I can't program and I don't even know if it's possible, but isn't a game controller just another input device like a mouse or a keyboard?

uncommongrafx
11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Not stupid at all...
A guy was putting something together like this but I don't know what happened to it. I want to say it's name is something like "AlpAce..." or some such name. Even had (has?) a yahoogroup to support it.
Check out Flay.

gristle
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi. I remember seeing one on Flay under plugins ages ago...

http://alienorbit.com/lscript/lscript_home.html
Never tried it but allows joystick input via midi

Good Luck

michaelb
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
You're not an idiot. Try this and see if it's what you're after.

http://alienorbit.com/lscript/midiman/joy2lw.html

Edit: Dang! You guys are quick! :)

zuzzabuzz
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, it seems stupid...until you need it. :) Vue has a silly animation wizard for motion like Airplanes, helicopters, etc. I thought it was silly, but it's actually kind of handy...when you need it.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.