PDA

View Full Version : Angry Chick

SoulCatcher
02-27-2002, 10:43 AM
Greetings CG viewers. Here is a character I am working on. I am trying to achieve a certain style in photoshop. Its just a pencil sketch for now but take a look. Ill continue to work on it and post its progress.

SoulCatcher
02-27-2002, 11:43 AM
heres a closer view. hopefully it works

Sangotten
02-27-2002, 03:46 PM
I like it,
but why does she have claws on one hand and not on the other? Nice style by the way, it's looking smooth!

darkr9
02-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Nicely done. Did you ink her yourself? It's very clean. I like all her buckles and straps. The only thing I think might add to her is more detail in the shoes, equal to her shirt/vest/armor. But I like it.

SoulCatcher
02-27-2002, 10:26 PM
HI I am back again. Here is an update on the image. its got a long way to go, its all shadows and highlights with flat colors and a black white version with opacity on it. For the final i want to remove the line work and have a painted look but for now I left the lines in there.

She is a shapeshifter, can look 100% human, then change to a white tiger, thats why one hand has claws and the other dosent. I might draw her as a half tiger half chick later on.

No the drawing is not inked I just worked the levels in photoshop :)

element412
02-28-2002, 04:36 AM
wow|! the jean texture!

SoulCatcher
02-28-2002, 09:15 PM
here is an updated pic. I have taken some lines out. still working on it.

Ivars
02-28-2002, 09:59 PM
I liked it better with the lines......

System404
03-02-2002, 12:51 AM
hey soulcatcher! nice piece like the colors. my only complain, when you took of the ink lines you lost some definition on certain parts of the clothing(her chest). the detail there seems to be washed out, refine it more darken the shadows a bit. but everything else looks great

SoulCatcher
03-02-2002, 02:05 PM
Here's another update. I worked on the chest this time. still have lots of unfinished areas, but its getting there.

sick.boy
03-02-2002, 07:45 PM
nice work! but try to change the nose and the lips of the girl, I don't like them that much...

SoulCatcher
03-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Updating once more. She is almost done. I have to enhance the face and hair still, and finish the shoes, and work the belt, but other than that...

SoulCatcher
03-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Honestly I still like it with the outline pencil work.
On my next attempt i will try to make a thinner line sketch. the thick lines in this sketchbecame kind og an obstacle. but hey live and learn, practice makes prefect and all that stuff...

Reeks
03-04-2002, 09:09 PM
I think you took one step backwards by reintroducing the pencil lines.. the previous image was IMO far more presentable. The torso area's looking great but I'd take another look at the face. The face is obvioulsy the focal point of the image, so you want it to be 100%.

Looking good :)

SoulCatcher
03-08-2002, 07:42 AM
Ill keep it short and sweet

Not Finished. It's never finished. But I want to work on other projects now (CGCHALLENGE). If you see something you dont like tell me i'll improve it. :)

SoulCatcher
03-08-2002, 07:44 AM
OH YEAH!

I NEED A BACKGROUND

SoulCatcher
03-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Still learning how to: SAVE FOR WEB

excuse the previous post. heres a close up. I'll be working on a background. C-ya

Raul-Reznek
03-10-2002, 01:55 PM
LOOKIN REALLY COOL.

Digitalexi
03-13-2002, 02:33 AM
Soul catcher? can u catch my soul. i have seem to misplaced it. i last saw it at the pizza parlor with screech and the gang. hmm. ohwell. no soul for me.

So how long did that take you? a good while i would imagine.
nice work tho. im not too found of felines. the denim is nice.
does she come with a litter box. rawr. she could be naughty.

oh, so if artist are soldiers of expression, then art school are mititary training facilities? where do i get the cool camoflauge and guns.! ohoh! i want a grenade launcher, that shoots colored pencils! and a tsquare of death! bwhahahahaha

- i think ive made my point clear.

oh in case someone wasnt looking at the subject! looks like someone should of been working on honors fest!!!!

SoulCatcher
03-17-2002, 01:57 AM
Digital
I as an artists we alway carry a lethal pencil or pens, a sketchpad for a shield. In some ocasions I use photoshop for aid. But sign me up for the grenade launcher and the t-square of death! And I would love to have a military base AKA a Studio. :p

:buttrock: :bounce: :applause:
I got your soul! I got your soul !
bwhahahahaha !

SoulCatcher
03-17-2002, 06:42 AM
That's it for me. Here is the (not so final) final. I did the background in watercolor and imported it into the piece. Critiques are welcomed.

dtek8
03-17-2002, 07:22 AM
its lookin' cool

i think u need some kind of floor be it realistic or a graphic type line,, as at the moment she looks like she is floating,, also i would try and add more detail to the face try and capture the texture of skin,,

dtek:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.