PDA

View Full Version : MR contours with quads?

mrorstad
11-23-2005, 12:32 PM
I've searched but I can't find any simple solution to how render objects in wireframe with quads.

Isn't there a way to render wireframe-on-shaded with quads, and not triangles with the MR contours? ..or is this possible with the tomcat shader perhaps?

revilo3D
11-24-2005, 07:58 AM
MR contour does not support quads i believe... consider maya vector, maya 7 toon perhaps or maybe even yes - tomcat (although im not sure its it will really be able too) The other is to export a UV snapshot and load back in as a maya...

mrorstad
11-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Considering the many options to render wireframe, no alternative seems to provide both an easy way to deal with it and at the same time making the the quality as great as you would like it.

The Maya Vector didn't show that good quality, perhaps I've just missed some of the settings in the render globals..and the procedure with the uv snapshot was even worse!

No, it seems to me I've to check the Tomcat and see what it offers....

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2005, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.