PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Lord Lineart.

archerion
11-23-2005, 10:52 AM
This is the lineart for my first digital painting, i ordered photoshop CS2 and Painter IX- and Ill be ordering a Wacom Tablet , going for a 6x9 , I think the 9x12 is too big, unless you have feedback on getting the bigger size.

Anywho this is the Lineart, I dont have access to a scanner atm to show some of the corrections i did, made the shoulders bigger and redrew the right arm.
Lost alot of detail in the first scan, ( Im in Iraq so my capablity to do things, is limited, bu there is hope 10 days till I head for home ^_^ )

Crits and comments most welcome.

http://x11.putfile.com/11/31010270926.jpg

evanfotis
11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi,
from what I can see his left forearm is thinner than the right with the spear.
Also His right foot is way shorter than the other. Draw a horizontal from the left heal and that is where his foot should touch.

As for tablet:
If you plan to draw digitally and need accuracy, go for the largest one you can afford (A4 at least).
If you draw on paper and then scan and colour digitally, it doesn't mater that much.

In order to have as much simulation of reality, the tablet size should mach as much as possible you screen size...

You can try to find some good used tablets on Wacom site.
Recently I grabed an Intuos 2 A4 for 160 euro...
My old oversize A4 Intuos had cost me around $700 at the time...

archerion
11-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks for looking, Im glad you took a second to see what i wrote before i posted the drawing, but if you felt to crit the arm , i redo thanks. I blame myself anywaysi should have not posted anything, anyways, Im new and i wanted to post atleast one thing. Since it wasnt the final drawing.
Thanks for catching the foot.

I dont plan to draw on the computer nothing beats pencil on paper ^_^

archerion
11-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks for looking, Im glad you took a second to see what i wrote before i posted the drawing, but if you felt to crit the arm , I already redrew the arm and the shoulders, thanks. I blame myself anywaysi should have not posted anything, anyways, Im new and i wanted to post atleast one thing. Since it wasnt the final drawing and i made corrections.
Thanks for catching the foot.

I dont plan to draw on the computer nothing beats pencil on paper ^_^

evanfotis
11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
anywaysi should have not posted anything

Why?
This is a forum for artists, to show their work in progress, and not only finished pieces.
That's the whole point- brain storming, interaction, opinions..

I like your character, I just noted two anatomical things I saw.

nothing beats pencil on paper

I agree, for characters and such, traditional is more acurate

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.