PDA

View Full Version : girl practice

secretasianman
11-23-2005, 04:26 AM
here is a rough i just started. i only did about 10-15 mins worth of work.

kinda tired and i just wanted to get back into the swing of things.

havem't really posted here in a while been busy.

i will try and post my progress.

hope it turns out right.

need to erase and redo areas.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/bluefuzzy626/angel.jpg

pixeler
11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey yo, nice work. As you see, need to erase and redo areas. I think it will be a good job.

Thr35h0ld
11-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Top down.

The lips are ambiguous. I couldn't tell if she has an open mouth or if she's got the collagen all up in her face.
The neck is a lot on the muscular side. She looks like she's straining.
Shoulders and upper arms are not well-defined. Also, they're too far apart.
Chest: no complaints here. let me guess where the majority of those fifteen minutes went. :P
I'd say something about her ribcage, but she doesn't have one. Abs are likewise difficult to imagine.
Navel might be too low.
She's missing some hips. You got the shape down okay, but I bet the suit doesn't pinch that much. Draw the hip ridges and smooth THAT out.
Lower still: Good night, is that a sock? The legs shouldn't be pinching anything there.
Legs: okay until we get halfway down to the knee, and then it becomes obvious that it gets skinny too fast. The knees are wrong too. I don't know how to tell you to improve, because it's all wrong except for the presence of the kneecap.

Other:
* At first glance, I thought, "That's okay. not bad." But on closer examination, you've got a lot of anatomical problems.
* You copped out on hands and feet.
* The style of rendering you chose makes a critique difficult. I'd suggest leaving construction lines, drawing forms completely, and not cropping off limbs.
* The pose IS believable, very realistic. I want to see more of your stuff, but do more foundational (I mean structural, not that you need a better foundation) work on the figure. Showing your construction will help us figure out what's wrong with the picture.

Thanks for posting!

secretasianman
11-24-2005, 05:15 AM
actually didn't know if i was going to keep with this drawing or just try anew.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/bluefuzzy626/angel2.jpg

i got a little more done and i noticed that i need not to do alot when i am tired.

the mouth was open and she has teeth showing.

alot of what was last nite was a rough. this is getting better but still needs alot of work.

i didn't cop out on the hands and feet on purpose b/c i did alot from a pose. she didn't show hands. the feet i am getting to just taking it a little slower.

with me being tired last nite it made problems for me now where i have to erase and redo.

hope i keep with this and it comes out better.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2005, 05:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.