PDA

View Full Version : random blinking generator?

crackle
11-23-2005, 01:14 AM
i've been trying to create a random blinking function for a character, my attempts have gone horribly wrong, horibly wrong...

i've tried linking the R.P. of the bone to a range mapper, then to a mix node with a noise node as a mixer. then out put to the bone R.P. the thing was blinking but more or less like a seizure.

i'd like to be able to turn it off and on to, for those moments like fluttering eyelashes and such.

any ideas

base80
11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
you want your eyes to blink randomly if i understand you well?

I would use a mono-flop to set the duration of the movement. connect the "state of the mono flop to a range-mapper. In the range mapper u can use the spline to draw the rotation of the blink, going up and going down again.

Now what you need is give the instruction on when to blink to the mono-flop, that could be a noise node, but you will have to play with the amplitude and the frequency.

so:
noise-----mono-flop-----range-mapper-----object
or in other words
when---how long---how much---what

AkaKico
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have a quick example (or link to a file containing) mono flop? I've tried several times to use it... and somehow, it never wants to cooperate with me. Thanks in advance!

base80
11-23-2005, 04:17 PM
you have to connect a time-node to the time-port in order to make the node work.
Use a result node to check what happens at all stages of the setup.
I don't do files, only tutorials.

AkaKico
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks Base80, at least I have it doing something now.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.