PDA

View Full Version : WIP- no title

Kuroart
11-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm kind of new to the world of CG painting, but here's the first I'm working on.
I just kind of started it and this is all I have done with so far.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32516502213.jpg&s=x12

Please be rigorous in you're critique.
I want this to be a decent picture and I want to get better. Any suggestions/tips/comments are appreciated.
Thanks.

yulias
11-23-2005, 12:37 AM
its a great start. cant say much at this stage, but one thing i think should be mentioned is that the smudge tool isnt very good for hair and the hair shouldnt fly like that. it should be closer to the body with the wind picking up strands.

good job so far

Kuroart
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
hmm... I see what you're sayin. I'll have to work on the hair. I want to make more like it's blowing in the wind. I think I just took the cheap way with the smudge tool. heh
Thanks
Do any of you know of a good tutorial or tips on doing hair?

Well, I did get a lil more done with it.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32516565924.jpg&s=x12

I see a few things I need to change, looking at it now. I'll see what else from you guys.
It may be a few days before I get to really work on this again. I had to give back the tablet I was borrowing. So now I'm looking for one to buy.

Anyways, keep up the suggestions.

CoreyArtE
12-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Sup man! That's looking pretty good in my opinion, and welcome to cgtalk! These people wont steer you wrong here. Yeah I like the smudge tool alot but I probably never use it because it's sorta slow on my PC. The best advice I can give is to always start out with the darkest color your hair is going to be, and then go in with a lighter color, and a really really thing brush to add in the highlights. Best of wishes and keep up the good work. Looking impressive! But dont worry, it'll get alot easier when you get a tablet.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2005, 05:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.