PDA

View Full Version : Xpresso Random Number to Z Vale

mecha
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey All,

I need to get a speaker to move (bass beats) over 3000 frames, but dont want to create a keyframe animation. I would rather use Xpresso to jiggle the speaker randomly as it DOES NOT have to be in time to any music.

I have rigged a bone to the speaker cone, so any movement on Z creates a bulge or dip in the speaker.

I have tried using the PseudoRandom node (CATools) and it works perfectly, except it runs around 200% too quick. Is there any way to slow down PseudoRandom, or can anyone tell me how to create this from scratch?

Many Thanks,
mecha

Srek
11-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi,
try to use a noise node instead, it will give you a much smoother movement that is easier to control
Cheers
Björn

mecha
11-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi Srek,

That is great (perfect in fact), thankyou very much. One more question though...

How can I set Max & Min values?

Many Thanks,
mecha

base80
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
leave the node to its default values except you have to check the "positive values only"
Now the node stats between 0 and one, just like we want it in xpresso.
Now connect the noise node to a range mapper and set the upper and lower output of the range mapper to whatever you need and feed it to the null containing your object.

The range-mapper is the place where you can tune the values in this setup.

mecha
11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Absolutely 100% perfect! :applause:

Thanks guys, will post the results later this week!

mecha

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.