PDA

View Full Version : WIP-Monkey

dredsign
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
hey guys,

you make me jealous, lots of real talent in here
this is my first post here and i would like some comment/tips on how to continue from here.
I use painter 9 btw. thanks in advance!
http://www.student.tue.nl/n/a.huvenaars/monkey.jpg

Lman
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
very cute like to see it when its cleaned up.
ya they are dam good here well done people.

dredsign
11-22-2005, 03:12 PM
http://www.student.tue.nl/n/a.huvenaars/monkey2.jpg
This is a first colouring setup, working on detailing the background.

audit
11-22-2005, 04:19 PM
heehee, nice going dredsign, i like the cartoony style and expression in the lineart very much. Unfortunately I'm no expert on monkey anatomy, so can't help there. I suppose you will get rid of the lineart layer? Just to say, make sure you establish a clear lighting scheme before you do any details!!! It looks quite flat at present. you probably know that...value and lighting are the most crucial elements in creating form and readability (word?). rough at first, smoothness and detail later.

hm, i hope that was ok. keep it up :D

Zephyri
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Aw, he's cute! Lovely style you have here! I'd agree with what audit said about colour schemes and lighting first.. try working with the biggest brush first and slowly getting smaller... then you get a feel for the whole thing before you get distracted by detail! I would lose the brilliant green from the background, to give the piece more of a sense of depth, save the really bright colour just for the foreground. And I'm curious as to why you cut the back of his head off like that... I realise it's probably a conscious decision, but having the sketch lines as they are there, he seems to me to have more character with the roundness to the back of his head. But just personal preference, nothing more!

(oh, ans his left foot as the viewer sees it seems to be backwards... if he were to stand normally, the 'thumb' bits of his feet would both be on the left hand side of the foot, whereas I'd imagine they'd both want to be on the inside of the foot - thats also probably why the hold on the grass looks a little odd too)

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.