PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Console Update: Kevin Bachus(CEO) Quits Infinium

RobertoOrtiz
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Quote:
"Kevin Bachus, who became CEO of Inifinium in August has resigned his post.

According to UK trade pub, MCV, Greg Koler has been appointed interim CEO, CFO and president of Infinium Labs. He was previously European director for the company.

Bachus, who was one of the primary people behind the launch of the original Xbox at Microsoft, gave a good deal of credibility to Inifinium where it was (and continues to be) in short supply."

>>link<< (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1696&Itemid=2)

-R

Hazdaz
11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
:banghead:

Will SONY or MS just buy up their patents so Inifinium and their Phantom Console can just go away.

This company isn't funnAy enough to even laugh at anymore.

ThomasMahler
11-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I dunno why anyone should still be interested in it. This thing gone dead years ago.

switchblade327
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Did any of you guys play it at E3 a couple years ago? It's a PC in a console box, yeah but what REALLY rocked was their lap-keyboard/mouse setup. It was super comfortable and would be perfect for gaming on a media center PC. I was actually planning on trying to recreate one for my living room, it was such a cool setup.

If Infinium would give up the whole console biz and just start selling those keyboards they might *gasp* turn a profit!

TetraLynx
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
At least I now know someone who has actually played it. I was beginning to think that the Phantom was just a 3D demo that they were showing at expos to getting financial backing. A pitty that it never took off. If there are patents to be sold they need to take there money and just go. This was done a long time ago.

mummey
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
As many problems as there were with Infinium, its still a shame because there WERE some good ideas, just bad people trying to abuse them.

-b

JDex
05-17-2006, 02:50 AM
Update

The Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday accused Timothy Roberts of hiring a promoter to send junk faxes to tens of thousands of investors across the country, making it appear Infinium Labs was on the verge of launching a new gaming system, dubbed "The Phantom".

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/16/technology/infinium/index.htm

I guess it's official. It's a phantom.

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2006, 02:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.