PDA

View Full Version : Google Unveils Tool to Map Shopping Trips

RobertoOrtiz
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Quote:
"Joining the herd of Web sites jostling to cash in on the holiday shopping season, online search engine leader Google Inc. is adding a tool designed to make it easier for consumers to map out their local trips to the mall.

The feature, to be unveiled Tuesday at Google's Froogle shopping site, will pinpoint the merchants selling a specific item within a designated ZIP code. Besides displaying a map showing all the local stores carrying the merchandise, Froogle also will list price differences.
"
>>Link<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051122/ap_on_hi_te/google_froogle;_ylt=ArKtihgyNBgpjwaWRUSSN9IjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--)

-R

EdHarriss
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
- This would be a great tool for black friday. :)
- Now, if it would only tell me what isle/shelf the item was located on....

PhilWesson
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

I work in the marketing department of the mall in my city, and I didn't see us listed....

Also, it kind of deterrs people from our website, which lists the hot items and sales at our stores.

Hmmm.....

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.