PDA

View Full Version : V-RAY for MAYA

tlggungor
11-22-2005, 11:50 AM
link : Vray for maya (http://www.chaosgroup.com/pr/20051122_01.html) :drool:

cpan
11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
wohoooooooooo:scream:!! great news tolga:bounce::bounce::thumbsup:!!!

can't wait to test it!! i'll send chaosgroup a request for betatesting, who knows... :D

ronaldomiranda
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
great!!!
Now that Autodesk Maya will be out in the next years, has more sense to release vray for Maya

:D :D

SheepFactory
11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Cool , i cant wait to test this alongside with rman for maya.

Matadŏr
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
RenderMan, V-Ray and Maxwell Render for Maya!
Great news!!! :thumbsup:

Now, let's start the testing and renders posting :wip:

wurp
11-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Indeed

Id also be interested to see what is supported in the beta, can it translate the material trees or not for example?

RenderMan, V-Ray and Maxwell Render for Maya!
Great news!!! :thumbsup:

Now, let's start the testing and renders posting :wip:

chrisWhite
11-22-2005, 06:07 PM
This seems to be the year for Maya Renderers, can't wait to play with this one! :beer:

Nice price on it as well if they keep the 3DS pricing, and they've got academic. :thumbsup:

SheepFactory
11-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Anybody got in yet?

Jozvex
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
How exciting! I hope some CGTalkers get in on the testing!

NUKE-CG
11-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Uh, don't get me wrong... I see why they might want to release this with an exclusive aura around it. But when they predict thousands of submitted e-mails... I don't really see the point.

"Hi ya! Joe Bloggs. I work for SonY Amerika and/or WetaILM, please give mE V-Ray, I test it good. kthnx."

Dammit, just put a questionaire, and a download link already.

slipknot66
11-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Uh, don't get me wrong... I see why they might want to release this with an exclusive aura around it. But when they predict thousands of submitted e-mails... I don't really see the point.

"Hi ya! Joe Bloggs. I work for SonY Amerika and/or WetaILM, please give mE V-Ray, I test it good. kthnx."

lol. i Agree. I sent them an email saying that i want to test it.That i work with mentalray and i would be really interested in test v-ray.Thats all. What they expect me to say, that I Love v-ray?..

SheepFactory
11-23-2005, 02:49 AM

LOL , i second that man. :D

Jozvex
11-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Yes I agree too, it's a bit strange to do it this way.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 07:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.