PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly Self Portrait

m2marriott
11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
This is my final version of my low poly self portrait which is to be built in under 2000 triangles. this is the head model and hopefully over the next few days i'll produce the body. we are to use 512 x 512 diffuse maps and here i have added an opacity map to add some hair detail. this is a work in progress and i hope to tweak it as i go along.

(and yes that is a broken nose, not a couple of misplaced verts as one of my fellow students thought!)

http://www.mattmarriott.com/pics/head_only_WIP.jpg

ScudzAlmighty
11-22-2005, 12:59 AM
the edges around the mouth seem a little messy, but otherwise it looks pretty good

are you doing your whole self, or just your head?

m2marriott
11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
thanks for the crit i do need to improve the mouth. in answer to your question, yes, i do plan to build the body aswell to meet our brief. i have previously done 5 other self portraits of which 4 pre-rigged versions can be seen here (these models can be seen in more detail in another thread i will post later today).

http://www.mattmarriott.com/pics/4versions.jpg

Jaffajuice
11-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi mate,

Looks good, and heres some crits.
Mesh: Inner eyesocket, could do will a little attention, also just above on the outer forehead above the eyebrow as the four very square polys could do will smoothing out to follow. The lips look a little plump. Hair: watch for petruding planes in the forhead. The bridge of your nose looks a little sharp.

Texture: Your skin looks plastic as you've lost alot of the original texture. I'd remove the shine from your fulcrum and nose Your lips pretty red, and is that a shadow on the lower side of the upper lip? The opacity maps show the outline of the hair planes, and the hairs are very thick and regular.

Its really looking better tho. Nice one mate.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 03:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.