PDA

View Full Version : How to add bump to a Car Paint phenomena??

doms
11-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I want metal panels (i.e a bump map) with dirt (also bump mapped), the problem is i can't see any bump slots in the phenomena, so i plugged it into a bump combiner node, added the bump maps (which look OK) but it really messes the Car Paint (which is supposed to go into a material shader not a surface shader slot). Any other ideas on how to add bump??

floze
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I have no clue about the paint shaders since I'm still (big sigh...), on maya 6.5 here, but there recently was a great tutorial about this phenomenon on lamrug:

http://www.lamrug.org/resources/doc/paint.html

They also tell some stuff about flake_bump, mib_bump_flakes and a slot that takes a normal modifying shader (like bump2d for example). That should help you getting started I hope...

doms
11-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanx again Floze, its actually a page from the MR 3.4 docs/ manual. Actually you were right about the flake bump slot (sorry, missed this when i read it before).

floze
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanx again Floze, its actually a page from the MR 3.4 docs/ manual.
ehehe I really need to update.. :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.