PDA

View Full Version : Control a delayed movement?

backlashcs
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM
What I was wondering about in xpresso is there a way to control one object but at the same time have maybe 2 others below it be controled in a delayed fashion? Example would be for ebrows of a character. I want to add bones to them, but not only control the outside of the bone I want to control the rest to make expresions easyer.

Say I have a set of four bone.

1 2 3 4 What I want to be able to do is to move bone 4 and at the same time move bones 2 and 3 in a delayed fashion. so that it would make the outside of the eyebrow move up and make it look fluent and not ragged as it would if I moved just bone 4.

.....3^
...2^
.1^ as bone four goes up so does bones 2 and 3 except delayed slightly to make it fluent and vice versa if I wanted to move the inside of the brow up or just each bone seperatly
I can't type it out on here but you get the idea.... any suiggestions?

Or would it be easyer to make the bones each have seperate sliders to move them up ino the positions I need them?

Per-Anders
11-21-2005, 07:55 PM
use the history function of the nodes. i beleive there was an example of this somewhere either that comes with c4d, or that might be on sreks site www.bonkers.de

Srek
11-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi,
you can use the "previous" data from Xpresso object nodes for this.
Find an example here: http://www.bonkers.de/download/delayedaction.c4d
Cheers
Björn

backlashcs
11-21-2005, 10:48 PM
can I use it both ways as I decribe above? more or less am I amble to set it up both ways? Also can you link me to the actual url for this data on the bonkers website. I looked at the file and he has it animated, I can't even see what is going on, and I can't control it in the live action window as I would like.

Srek
11-22-2005, 06:30 AM
Just remove the vibrate tag to get rid of the animation. Then you can animate or control the leading bone (1) as you like it.
The history node Per refered to does exactly the same as the previous.. output port in the example scene.
Cheers
Björn

backlashcs
11-22-2005, 10:06 AM
thank you very much and it the only trouble I am having is getting it to work in reverse order so if I move one 3 that one will act as the control bone and not bone one, and vice versa. Any ideas on how I can get it to work both ways?

Srek
11-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Since this would be recursive i have no idea how to create a general setup that allows both at the same time without having the setup explode within a few frames.
Cheers
Björn

backlashcs
11-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Yes I tried setting it up to run both ways but it did get a bit haywire. Cactus dan have you ever tried to set somthing like this up?

bobzilla
11-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope you don't mind me horning in here, but I downloaded that file and looks very interesting.

Would it be possible to use that sort of thing for a jiggle effect on a character? it doesn't look like the vibrate tag is controlable. Would it be possible to coinside the jiggling with, say, footfalls?

Srek
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, that should work, instead of the vibrate tag you can control the main bone by the acceleration of any object. A footstep would have a strong acceleration on contact while beeing near zero during linear movement. It might be easier to use Soft IK for this though, since this is exactly what it is developed for :)

Cheers
Björn

base80
11-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Maybe a setup in xpresso with sorf-target node can help, the softness (speed) of the movement can be controled easily.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2005, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.