PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia's melody

Snefer
11-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I've been havin some problems with Nvidia's melody. I'm trying to make normalmaps, but the problem is that I can render out a normalmap if I let melody create the uvmap for me, but I can't use the existning UVmap that comes with the .obj model. When I don't let it create a new UVmap for me I onöly get gray pics in the output... :-/ Does anyone else have this problem? Any help would be great.

Vassago
11-21-2005, 07:20 PM
In the "Normal map settings" section, check the top-left portion of the window. There is an option there for "Use decal texture coordinates". Click that, and you're good to go :)

Snefer
11-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't work. I just end up with a grey normalmap. And making a normalmap works with the same modls in toerh application, but they are so slow. :-/

itsallgoode9
11-23-2005, 03:29 AM
what application is your model made in? if it's in Max, I would suggest using thiers instead of melody's. I found it MUCH quicker and easier than using Melody, personally. Put up an image of what Melody renders out and it might help us help you a little more. I think I was having a similar issue when the low res model was not COMPLETELY outside of the high res model when you export. I place both my models at 0 in the grid space and scaled my low res one so it was slightly larger than the high res one. Maybe that will help your problem

Silentshout
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
I work in maya, and when i end up with a grey normalmap it's always THE MODEL that there's something wrong with, so export as obj and import it again. Not at all sure it's the same problem when using melody though... but maybe.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.