PDA

View Full Version : wip- The Long Sleep

Nardes
11-20-2005, 07:58 PM
This thing has been lieing around in my computer untouched for a while. I figured it might be time to finish it.

I would appreciate any pointers that could help me finish this.
All sorts of critique and comments are welcome.

The leafes are just temporary...:argh:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/nardes/thelongsleep-wip1.jpg

Festeon
11-20-2005, 11:16 PM
omg, thats beautiful, this is one of those rare arts, where you can sit there and stare at the image for a long time :), beautiful depth and colour, excellent work. Is there a particular story behind the woman? Keep it up, by the way, can you please tell me how you did the colouring. :)

Nardes
11-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Thankyou Festeon.

About the story, I have no particlar in mind. Yet, I should say. I usually think of these things once everything is finnished:) .

Coloring was done in two steps.

I painted every individual thing on separate layers in fully saturated colors. The colors where here simply picked by logic and what worked well with each other, like blue-red, brown/beige-green
Then on top of all layers I have an overlay and color layer, in which I painted umber and red to get warmth to the picture and a monocromathic feel.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 09:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.