PDA

View Full Version : Removing anti-alias in PS:CS?

hdnine
11-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok so here is my problem,

As i remember it, way back in PS 5 or 6, when i used the marquee tool to mark and area and then filled it with the paint bucket or the brush, i would get crisp sharp edges (like in Indexed color mode). But in PS 7 (i believe) and PS:CS when i fill, i get a anti-aliasing affect or gradient effect if you will at the edges. I hate this since i want to have a pixel perfect fill. How can i set Photoshop CS so everything i do will work like this and still retain the power of layers (which goes away if i set to Indexed color)? If i want anti-alias i can always use the blur tools to make the objects softer.

Thanks!

imann08
11-20-2005, 05:23 PM
There is an anti-alias option in the options bar when you are using tools that have a use for it.

levi
11-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I think, more than likely, what you are referring to is feathering. When you select any maquee tool, check the Feather box, on the option bar and set it to 0.

Jack Youngblood
12-09-2005, 07:22 PM
To remove feathering on selections, masks etc) that have it try playing around with levels on its alpha.

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.