PDA

View Full Version : Lowpoly selfportrait

Jaffajuice
11-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi,
Brief was a 2000 tri limit and a single 512x512 diffuse texture and theres no specific use for the character in mind.
He...er...I am rigged but sorry for the camp pose. I know on the texture sheet my arms looks like that of a burns victim, but I think my texturing is the weak point. Any crits welcome

Built in 3dsMax 7 - textures from photos + photoshop

Cheers

Juha
11-20-2005, 10:53 AM
hey, that looks pretty good to me.. i think that your elbow is a bit too high, but not sure cause the hands are not hanging on the sides.. anyhow , really good work..
:)

Psyk0
11-20-2005, 05:23 PM
That's a great portrait, i think your polygonal self would fit nicely into a Tony Hawk game! :)

My only crit is the face loops, seems kind of dense and a bit messy.

mrloco
11-20-2005, 05:57 PM
That's a great portrait, i think your polygonal self would fit nicely into a Tony Hawk game! :)

My only crit is the face loops, seems kind of dense and a bit messy.

Dude thats creepy i was thinkin the same thing when i saw the hires version!

ojko
11-20-2005, 07:22 PM
You could probably make better use of the texture space you have available to you, as there looks to be a fair amount of unused space. Try rotating & scaling the various UV pieces until they fit close together on the sheet.

Overall the model's pretty good, but I think you need to work a little more on the face. If you look at the texture sheet and then the model, you'll notice that the likeness is not quite there. I had this problem when I did mine last year, you really have to take a step back and try to look at it objectively (which is hard).

Oh and you need to lose those 2 extra poly's. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.