PDA

View Full Version : paint fx problems

heroinchicmodel
11-20-2005, 07:27 AM
I dont know why, but for some reason I can never get certain paintfx brushes to render (specifically the "natural media" ones- airbrushes, watercolor, etc.). I can get flowers, and tree brushes to show up fine, but never the natural media ones. How do I go about doing this? I would expect to be able to use the natural media brushes to be able to "touch-up" on toonshaded linework.

Thanks ahead

housewarmer
11-20-2005, 10:34 AM
While the natural media brushes can affect 3d strokes, they work best when painting to file texture (painting on canvas, in maya nomenclature).

heroinchicmodel
11-20-2005, 12:21 PM
but I WANT natural-media 3d strokes to render. This is how the tomcat toonshader works. The whole point is to get crisp precise strokes in 3d space. For some reason, when I use the tomcat toonshader, they're able to implement the natural media strokes in 3d space just fine, but when I try to make the stokes myself on the object, it never seems to render.

I don't really have a need to use those brushes to make a file texture.

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 12:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.