PDA

View Full Version : : rpf motion blur

trybul
11-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to know if any one has used Rpf's and combustion to do motion blurs, and how they turned out?

thanks

Trybul

Chris
11-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Yep, I used it on a job I did. It worked exactly as expected. Nice & fast too! :thumbsup:

Dougy
11-22-2002, 01:45 PM
RPF motion blur is one of combustions greatest assests. This is something that cannot be done in After Effects. It works very well - just amke sure you read the manual and include all the correct options. Its fast and adjustable - what more could you want? :thumbsup:

trybul
11-22-2002, 03:06 PM
thanks guys! I am going to try it out. I am going to render to the rpf and try the mb in combustion. I just did not want to waist my time. I will let you know how it worked out.

trybul

webstar
11-29-2002, 03:21 PM
One point to note - I'm not sure if it's just my setup (athlon 1.9xp + 1gig of ram) but I always find that rpfs cause C2 to crash everytime I try to render out to a sequence. Without fail.

I've heard others say this on this board.

rpfs rock tho when they work.

just a wee point

KiboOst
11-29-2002, 04:43 PM
webstar do you got the sp1 for C2 ? no problem here.

webstar
11-29-2002, 05:09 PM
yup, thanks for the heads up but I've tried SP1 also. same problem could be anything tho ram video motherboard whatever.

Thanks

Dougy
11-30-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by webstar
One point to note - I'm not sure if it's just my setup (athlon 1.9xp + 1gig of ram) but I always find that rpfs cause C2 to crash everytime I try to render out to a sequence. Without fail.

I've heard others say this on this board.

rpfs rock tho when they work.

just a wee point

Check and make sure that you are including all the layers needed for you to use the rpf motion blur when you save your file before inporting the rpfs into C*. I used to have it bomb if we didn't.

webstar
12-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Thanks Dougie I never tried that but what are all the channels?

I thought there was only one channel that held the "motion" data

Thanks for the reply

Dougy
12-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by webstar
Thanks Dougie I never tried that but what are all the channels?

I thought there was only one channel that held the "motion" data

Thanks for the reply

Its in the manual:rolleyes:

and they are:
z-depth
coverage
node render id
velocity

sorry it took so long to reply - been a bit busy:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.