PDA

View Full Version : FR2 freaking out with a simple bitmap texture

Chadman
11-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Here is the problem, l have just a simple material setup for the chest of a wooden solider.

The base texture only has Color,Bump, and Spec channels active. The Color & Spec channel's are just using color from the color tabs and the Bump channel just has a greyscale jpg of a wood texture (one of C4D's actually). Projection is cubic.

The second texture which is just to have the letter B on the chest of the character is on top of base texture and only has Color & Alpha channel's active. The Color channel is just using color from the color tab & the Alpha channel is using a jpg that is only black & white (image alpha). Projection is Flat & Side is Front

Now here is the result using C4D's renderer-
http://www.yourimagehost.com/is.php?i=71673&img=C4D_render.jpg

Now when l use FR2 to render, only half on of the letter "B" texture show's up.

Here is the FR2 result-
http://www.yourimagehost.com/is.php?i=71674&img=FR2_render.jpg

If l change the "Side" option in the texture tag to "Both" it fixes the problem but of course now the texture is seen on the characters back as well as his chest.

So does anyone know why this is doing this, as l would of thought such a simple texture setup like this would be supported. :cry:

Chad P.

FredSpeaks
11-20-2005, 02:39 AM
I don't have FR yet (awaiting mac release), but maybe you can make a selection set for the "B" material. I have to add, I think the bump in the staright cinema looks better than FRs.

DynamicRealism
11-20-2005, 03:03 AM
are you using the shader tree or native?

Chadman
11-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Thank's Fred, that did solve the problem but it is a pain that something that you would think is so straight forward would not be an issue when going from one renderer to another.

In regards to the lighting, well this is only a couple of lights l set up for testing & fixing the textures, my main reason for wanting to get the character's working in FR2 is because there is a scene where they are outside so l wanted to use GI lighting for this.

But there seems to be another little bug that have to iron out first and that is with the bump map. If you have a look at the hand on the right side of the frame in the FR2 render you will notice that there is some dark colored artifacts that seem to be related to the bump map as they appear using a FR2 & C4D material.

Here is a picture of the problem- http://www.yourimagehost.com/is.php?i=71732&img=FR2_bump_map_problem.jpg

Chad P.

Chadman
11-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Sorry Dynamic but l posted my reply above before l seen yours, to answer your question-

are you using the shader tree or native?

l'm using native as l had no reason to belive that there would of been a problem.

Chad P.

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2005, 03:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.