PDA

View Full Version : Storm Landscape WIP- critiques wanted

Jokinen
11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
hey all!

This is my latest project which I have been working on for a while now. I'd like to hear your opinions about it, what do you like/dislike about it and how can I make it better :)?

Even bigger changes are still possible at this stage.
I'm striving for a very realistic look, if you have any ideas how to pursue that goal better I'd really like to hear them :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/Anthriel1/Cropattucopy.jpg

Thanks for watching and thanks for your time :)

C&C appreciated.

-JJ

Falcorr
11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Hey.:wavey:

I had to look at the picture a long time to understand what it is. So there are some major issues involved.

If your sky holds a hilite that is pure white. It would indicate that the scene should be a lot more lighter. Specially that ground. Make it show up better.

Also try to create typical horizon arc with those colors. U know that stereotype sunset arc.

Break down the water form to create some ripples. So it will look like water. Like thousands of tiny mirrors.

Hope my advices were of use. :arteest:

bupaje
11-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi. This is a noobpinion .... the sun and highlight on the cloud are both the same value/intensity. This to me makes it seem that the cloud and sun are in the front of the comp and even. So the cloud that has the reflected light should be less intense. Also I thing with the sun I would go more towards red/orange because I think -if I'm getting this color thing right- is that those colors have longer wavelengths and travel farther (one of the reasons they use red for STOP signs) and it would help explain the reddish hue in the clouds to the right of the sun.

All the best.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.