PDA

View Full Version : Elf needs help badly.

sgw
11-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Well, more like the background needs help badly. So, I worked up the elf using a process I'm fairly comfortable with. Got her to about 85-90% then decided I would attempt to take on the Background.

Well... this is about how far I got. I havnt really done much enviorment work, and I was wondering what process people use. I like my composition for the most part, and I'm pretty comfortable getting it to this... stage (if it can be called that). But, how to make it from a mess of marks to a finished product is whats got me a little worried. If anyone out there can point me in the right direction, I would be very much appreciative.

http://www.bluedissipation.com/albums/album03/bloodelfbgSketch.jpg
Title: Elf
Medium: Photoshop

Thanks ahead of time.

Mu
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
this elf does not need help - she needs praise. I like this pic very much. The background is cool, too. The sharp foreground against the blurry background creates depth.

I would - and this is only to name something - have the boughs and twigs in the background point more downwards to either the path/alleyway or to the elf so as to not lead the eye out of the pic.

and, erm, yea...let's have some feet!

It's great, already, you know...

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.