PDA

View Full Version : first low poly almost finished

green3dhut
11-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Well I've been losely following the Gnomon DVD on low poly modeling for games and this is what I've come up with . Any crits would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jeff

pimeto
11-19-2005, 09:40 AM
14k tris ? for that model ? WOW!
on the ass, you got some bad polys. i dont know what the Gnomon dvd is, but drop that dvd's stuff, and start optimizing the model!
5 or mode sided polygons are forrbidden :)

green3dhut
11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Theres only roughly 7000 tri's the model is duplicated only for the purposes of the photo to show the front and back , thats two meshes on the screen . Thanks for the advice , yes 14000 tri's would be a bit ridiculous. I checked the model there are no 5 sided shapes.

pimeto
11-19-2005, 04:36 PM
you have 5 sided polys, on the knife and the ass of you model :lightbulb

SupRore
11-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not the most experienced here, but hopefully I have something helpful to offer:

The model overall looks alright. The one part that really bothers me is where the legs meet the torso. The whole area's somewhat boxy and unnatural.

Personally, I opt for this kind of topology for merging the legs to the torso: http://tinypic.com/fvxue0.jpg .

The only other possible flaw I see is that it doesn't seem all edgeloops are used as much as they could be. Consider rotating some loops to better define the shape with the polygons you have.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.