PDA

View Full Version : Castle Advice??

Aleoxide
11-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey, heres a scene I have been working on lately. hopefully I can use it to get into the Art Institute. Mind you its nothing special but at least they will see that I care and i have a passion for it. I dont really know how to texture the castle. Should it be the same texture as the bridge or what. I also am planning on adding some 2d grass, using the plane and alpha layer but i cannot find a grass texture. Please comment. Any other advice would rock too. Thanks guys.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8272/castle29bo.jpg

senceris
11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I like the scene, its looking good. If I was you I would make the castles a different texture to the bridge this would add more depth, you should do some research in castle and look how they are textured, historical castles are made of lots of textures due to weathering and age, this adds character and looks more interesting Should find lots of castles pic if you research in google. The best way you could get a grass texture is find some, like maybe in your garden and take photographs. Hope this helps.

Aleoxide
11-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey thanks for the advice. The only problem with that is that I am bad at texturing. I mean like I stink so makingmy own textures is going to be pretty hard, and as for the grass, I dont have a digital camera to take pics with so I will probably have to make my own with Photoshop. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

senceris
11-19-2005, 12:41 AM
hi, another advice I can give you on texturing is practising, maybe you can in photoshop create a flat castle wall texture and get use to using different colours to make up the texture.
I know this is a obvious piece of advice to give but it is the best, keep trying and you will get better at texturing.

For the grass texture, well if you cannot take pics, here is grass texture I found:
http://www.glanceimage.co.uk/images/imagebank/series_01/image_01.jpg
Maybe you can use this as a reference to create the texture in photoshop hope this helps.

Will be watching to see how you get on. Happy texturing :)

Aleoxide
11-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Wow, thanks soo much, you've been very helpful. Most people wouldnt take time to help like you so i apprechate it. I will practice at texturing because I hate having to use textures of cds. Thanks again for your time/help

senceris
11-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Your very welcome, it is good to encourage people to do well and keep trying, I am student studying 3d game design and know how hard it is to do something, even if your not the best at something if you practise you will get there. Thats what I try to say to myself even when it is hard to take your own adivce. I am glad you found my advice helpful, I apperciate it. thank you:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 01:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.