PDA

View Full Version : What was your first 3D scene? Violin - 1997

lostpencil
02-27-2002, 02:21 AM
Hey 3D lunatics,

So I was going through some of my old directories on a backup and found this image that I did back in 1997. This was done in Corel Dream 3d (back in version 6 or something) and it was my first scene that I modeled, lit and textured. I remember modeling the violin was crazy using Dream 3d, but it was addictive. Its a bit too saturated with red, but it was one of those experiences that hooked me on 3d. Anyone else have images of their first real 3d attempt?

Matt_Forcum
02-27-2002, 02:54 AM
My first 3d scene, accually, my first 3d modeling was a fully interactive walk around envirnment based on Edward Scissorhands. Yeah, i get a little ahead of myself, but it looked great! i think it still holds up! I did it in Max. and since then ive completely forgotten the program

JuRrAsStOiL
02-27-2002, 03:10 AM
a block in front of another block with one spotlight without shadow :D
That's my best work so far I think :)
"Modelled" it 2 years ago

iNFERNiS
02-27-2002, 04:45 AM
well, since we're at it...

I became very interested in cg some years ago. I always enjoyed watching cg flicks, always looking carefully at the expressions and wonder how they did it.

i started playing around in 3DS Max 2.5; simple things like reflecting spheres, playing around with text,...
After a week I got tired of it, i wanted to more then i was capable of so I gave up.

Now after all this time, i'm giving another shot at it. This time for real, I hope, without giving up, and learn step by step instead of expecting to make some kickass stuff like you guys post on this forum.

Well, started all over again now, from the very beginning.

well, after a week and a few days, this is what came out, nothing fancy but it's something right?

like 2 years ago, i read somewhere that the best way to start as this is to model things that u see around you, simple things, the best way to learn..

So i modeled my screen, nothing complex, but I like it :D

http://users.pandora.be/infernis/lcd.jpg

I know, the lighting sucks, still gotta learn it all :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.