PDA

View Full Version : final render brightness issue

v-empire
11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi
I just bought final render and try to do some tests.

First problem I encountered, is that trying to render a scene lit with 4 area lights which
looks fine with the cinema renderer comes out extremly overexposed in Final Render 2.

Is this a known effect that area lights get much brighter when rendered with final render
instead of cinema??

Thanks
Holger

fluffouille
11-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes, they use slightly different codes, so they look a bit different.
Make sure you use the light tag and use FR area light behavior.

Ernest Burden
11-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes, they use slightly different codes, so they look a bit different.
Make sure you use the light tag and use FR area light behavior.

When I was testing yesterday, I found the difference was very big. But not with other light types. But once you get that understood, it's easy enough to deal with.

What seems to make sense is to set up a light for AR, then copy it, add the FR2 tag and turn off the original so you keep your options open.

fluffouille
11-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Yes, the area lights changed drastically between 9.1 and 9.5, so it has been difficult for them to reach a middle ground (since FR is compatible with both). The best solution is to use their own tag, or adjust your C4D lights when rendering with FR.

v-empire
11-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks
and yes I think they are just behaving quite differently, so one has to decide in advance
which render will be most likely used. Copying the light and having a setup for each render while turning the other one off seems to be the best option.

Regards
Holger

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2005, 09:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.