PDA

View Full Version : I went CRAZY!

Matches14
02-27-2002, 02:58 AM
I couldnt think of anything to paint in photoshop so I just started painting and this is what I came up with. More Pictures are at my website. What do you guys(and as far as I know..1 girl) think? Anything that needs work, etc. The picture is 215k so It might take a sec or two to load.

http://www.joshneuman.com/Site/Pages/Pictures/GoodMorning_Small1.jpg

Pedro
02-27-2002, 03:10 AM
Wow, that IS pretty strange - kinda like a cross between a Dali and an Edward Munch painting.

For a "go with the flow" picture, it looks very interesting. I don't know if there's anything to criticize, but I do like a lot the guy with the clocks on the right side, he gets most of my attention.

In fact I think you could make a whole picture just with him. The left side of the painting with the cat and all seems kinda boring to me, but, as I said, the other part is very very cool. I can see on closer inspection how the clockman is on the bed, perhaps dreaming, but the left side just doesn't convince me. Maybe rework that, add something more "dreamy-ish"... Oh, I don't know, after all, it is your art.

How long did it take you? Is it all done in one sitting? And last question - did you use a mouse or a tablet?

But all things considered - way to go!

(One last nitpick, the clock-face at the leftmost side next to the cat seems distorted, but in a "bad" way, not like the other distorted clocks... How can I explain... the perspective, if it were to have any, looks "wrong". )

Matches14
02-27-2002, 03:29 AM
>>How long did it take you? Is it all done in one sitting? And last question - did you use a mouse or a tablet?

it was done in 3 sittings. The first was possibly 3 hours a LOONG time ago in which I roughed out some ideas and more recently I've worked on it 2 days for a complete total of around 20 hours. I used a wacom intuos2 6x8 for this. It's my first drawing with this tablet. Before I was using a 4x5 penpartner by wacom.

>>(One last nitpick, the clock-face at the leftmost side next to the cat seems distorted, but in a "bad" way, not like the other >>distorted clocks... How can I explain... the perspective, if it were to have any, looks "wrong". )

I did notice this and I'll fix it whenever this thread dies off and all the thoughts about it are in.

Sangotten
02-27-2002, 04:26 PM
Have you been using drugs?
It looks like a screenshot from a mushroom trip.....djee how do I know, well.......:eek:

I like it though, pretty hard focus because there is no real composition.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.