PDA

View Full Version : MR shader p_MegaTK_pass

Puppet|
11-18-2005, 11:13 AM
New version of shaders_p 2.8 released!
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_e.shtml

New shader p_MegaTK_pass - geometry shader for supporting p_MegaTK passes in Maya or 3DSMax (with and without mr stand alone) . I suppose p_MegaTK_pass works like ctrl_buffer shader.

You can split out many passes for one render without time overhead.

http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/images/megatk_screen_graph2.jpg

Information about p_MegaTK passes you may find here:
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/megatk_e.shtml

Detail release note you may find in shaders_p.mi file...

Win and Linux version are available.
p_MegaTK_pass shader works only with Maya 7.0+ and Max 8.0+ (because bug in previous version of mr, fixed in mr 3.4.3.60)

P.S.Tutorial and scene example will follow...

elvis75k
11-18-2005, 11:46 AM
sweet! Very usefull all the time!

agentex
11-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Wow, I'm really glad I get to check megatk out now that its supported in maya. Love the rest of the shaders as well, really nice collection!

Puppet|
11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
New video about using p_MegaTK passes:
http://www.sigillarium.com/articles/mega_passes.avi - 108mb TSCC codec

Thanks to Sagroth!

stilgarna
11-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Hello Puppet...

I think it will be a good idea to give us a sample scene...

As we can study your shader....

Bye....

Boes it works for Maya 7.0 without stand alone too ????

bjoern
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
can you put the movie on another server? it ist heeeel slow!!

Puppet|
11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Tomorrow I'll upload new example scene.
Tutorial is almost ready
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/howtomegatk_e.shtml

No, sorry it's not my video.

Yes, passes works without stand alone too.

stilgarna
11-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Wowww..... Great... Thanks...

I can stop explain all people I meet how to use megaTK :)

Bye...

Sagroth
11-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Well, I doubt that server is hellish slow - people do download from it with nice speed. Maybe it's some temporary problems now, but actually I think that's due a big number of simultaneous downloads right now - my inet is just soooooo slow right now - that I couldn't even access this Post Reply form for the last half an hour to write about that :(

stilgarna
11-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, I doubt that server is hellish slow - people do download from it with nice speed. Maybe it's some temporary problems now, but actually I think that's due a big number of simultaneous downloads right now - my inet is just soooooo slow right now - that I couldn't even access this Post Reply form for the last half an hour to write about that :(

Wath is the script you are using in your video... call Rglot ???

Thanks...

Sagroth
11-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Which script? The only one I remember right now is Puppet's m2mr - great utility for using mr standalone right from Maya.

Sagroth
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Ah, I've understood - RGlob :)

select defaultRenderGlobals;
openAEWindow;

stilgarna
11-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Ah, I've understood - RGlob :)

select defaultRenderGlobals;
openAEWindow;

Thanks... for all...

Video and scrpit....

But why are you turning off the scanline in MR globals ???

What for ???

Bye....

Sagroth
11-24-2005, 07:12 PM
He-he, not the first time I hear the same question ;)
I had a lot of problems with scanline - maybe that's due to my hardware - I don't know exactly. It doesn't make my renders faster, but slower and worse. And I just turn it off by default.

wigal
11-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi everybody,

I took a quick look at the shader and the example scene... here is my question: Am i limited to use the presets like phong, blinn, velvet etc. or can i connect special shaders like misss etc, like u can with ctrl_fb?

thanx

Puppet|
11-25-2005, 08:19 AM
You can connect any shaders you want for example to Incandescence or Ambient and etc.
You may also split out two special channels, but it will not influence to common pass (it's works like ctrl_buffer).

P.S. Added example scene 2:
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/p_megatk_example_scene2.zip

Sagroth
11-25-2005, 11:03 AM
or can i connect special shaders like misss etc, like u can with ctrl_fb?
Yeah, I tried to plug misss_fast_skin_maya into megaTK - you just make your usual misss network and setup, then plug megaTK in miMaterialShader of misss's SG and misss itself into, for example, specialC1 - you'll get your expected result in that pass.

Though there could be probs with some speciefic shaders - my Maya crashes when trying to use lm2DMV_2 with megaTK (all others I tried were good).

The only problem - there're only two specialCs ;) :D

stilgarna
11-25-2005, 03:35 PM
You can connect any shaders you want for example to Incandescence or Ambient and etc.
You may also split out two special channels, but it will not influence to common pass (it's works like ctrl_buffer).

P.S. Added example scene 2:
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/p_megatk_example_scene2.zip

Can you make an example with subsurface scattering....

To see how to use it...

Thanks....

Sagroth
11-25-2005, 08:57 PM
My apologies, but download of that video is disabled. Putting shortly, there was a huge hang up due a big amount of unregulated simultaneous downloads last two days. If situation resolves I'll definitely post new link here.

cgtriguy
11-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Puppet,

this shader looks great, however, I am on a mac. I have used some of your other shaders that you have compiled for OS X and would love it if this could make the jump over to OS X as well. Is there any chance for an OS X version? I have never tried to complie a shader before but I would be willing to give it a go if it is OK with you.

Puppet|
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry, no mac version available now, because I have no mac and it's problem for me now.

P.S. Already 4 man ask me about mac version :)
P.S.S. Maybe I'll find way to compile it for mac...

Sagroth
12-01-2005, 09:54 AM
If the video is still needed, it could be taken here (thanks Sleng very much for upload):

Part1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/8406750/mega_passes.part1.rar.html)
Part2 (http://rapidshare.de/files/8406757/mega_passes.part2.rar.html)
Part3 (http://rapidshare.de/files/8405653/mega_passes.part3.rar.html)

LehaS
12-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Great!!!Thanx

Is it the same version you uploaded before? or modified one? ;)

Sagroth
12-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Exactly the same. I'd better make smth new one day, than constantly correct old ones :D

doms
12-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the videos (it costs 10 euros to download from rapidshare, which is OK if you really need them)

Sagroth
12-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Hmm, you can use a FREE mode and it'd cost you nothing (except some patience ;))

zkanal
12-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks sagroth, works fine.

stilgarna
12-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks sagroth, works fine.

Hello evreybody....

Thanks to sagroth for his great video...

Can anyone post a simple test with mega_TK and Subsurface scatter.... ???

I don't find the way to use Subsurface scattering with mega_TK...

Thanks... Bye...

T-R
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to say thank you for this shader it is extremely powerful and I can now finally get proper reflection passes! I just have some questions about the shader if you dont mind.

1) I am wondering what the sd_light_category/light category is for in the shader and lights.

2) I am familiar with the light mode attribute as I have seen it in other shaders but am not familiar in which situation would you use this attribute.

3)How do you composite the bent normal pass in post.(not really the shader question but I cant find proper info on how to composite it)

4) I cannot recieve an alpha channel for my passes. I have checked the pass custom alpha in mr's globals but cannot seem to get one out. I'm not sure if its covered in the video tutorial but will find out eventually( I have surpasses my allowed downlad limit on rapidshare by downloading the 1st part so I need to wait till tommrrow or the day after i guess:))

Thank you.

Sagroth
01-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm sure Pavel can answer your Qs more precisely, but anyway :)

1) I am wondering what the sd_light_category/light category is for in the shader and lights.
light category is used to specify which shader attributes light influences on. If you type in sd_light_cat a name - only lights with the same name in light_cat slot will affect shader's simple diffuse. And so on.

2) I am familiar with the light mode attribute as I have seen it in other shaders but am not familiar in which situation would you use this attribute.
The same usage as with standard mr shaders - shading is affected by all lights, all connected lights or all unconnected lights. Useful to exclude some lights from affecting shader completely (to say the truth, I myself had no good situation to use this :))

3)How do you composite the bent normal pass in post.(not really the shader question but I cant find proper info on how to composite it)
You don't composite them :) Read more about them here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=198011
http://www.lamrug.org/resources/doc/occlusion_tutorial.pdf

I'm not sure if its covered in the video tutorial
It is ;)
But anyway, there're another solution from Pavel will be available in the next version of shaders_p, as well as I know ;)

P.S. stilgarna, I myself haven't used megaTk with sss intensively yet, so can't tell for sure. But it seem's I'll have a big and long chance to experiment in this soon :)

T-R
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your anwsers Sagroth. Looking forward to viewing the tut:thumbsup:

T-R
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
I played around and thought this was intresting so i just wanted to add:

It is possible to have sepereate light passes using p MegaTK in conjunction with Maya 7's render layers. You are able to create a layer override in the dummy objects geometry shader's slot, this way you can add a second MegaTK pass node to it and give it another output name and directory making this even more versatile. Great stuff.

Sharky0815
01-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I just took a quick look at this shader and it seems very powerful and easy to implement, thank you for developing it (and especially for providing a linux version).

A question:
Is it possible to increase the sampling on the user-buffers other than oversampling the whole scene?

The ctr_buffer shader seems to have some kind of option for this on the camera attributes, sadly I can't try because there is no linux compile... If this is covered in the tutorials I appologise, I didn't have time to watch it yet.

Sagroth
01-17-2006, 12:17 AM
We were talking about these sampling issues already and if I'd understood everything correctly, in megaTk upsampling is influenced by every channel except z, bent normals and specials. So, to get these detailed, you should have enough details to upsample in main channels (in ctrl_buffers as well as I know only primarybuffer is influencing upsampling). Some workarounds could be made - for example, you can throw smth like fractal on incadecence channel if you don't need it - it'd mess up beauty pass, but in composite you'll just skip it - this will raise sampling and you'll get more precision in specials, that would be quicker than raising min samples globally... Don't make pure black shadows to keep some details in shadowed areas and so on.

Puppet|
01-17-2006, 08:22 AM
to Sagroth:
Thank you for your explanation.

And about alpha... You should take it from main pass (RGBA) I don't want to dublicate same alpha channel for all passes, it's really not needed. It save you a lot of memory.

About sampling... Current version of MR don't support different sampling for different buffers, mr have a same sampling for all buffers... as I know...

zylphyr
01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
congrats on a great shader puppet!

I have a question regarding bump:

I assume that the normal slot is for bump/normal mapping, but how do you use it? I've tried connecting both maya & mentalray bump nodes, but I havn't been able to get it to work

thanks!

-z

ps. I've tried to download the videos, but the site seems to have blocked my IP range for some reason.

Sagroth
01-20-2006, 10:58 AM
to Sagroth:
Thank you for your explanation.
You're welcome, no probs for me :)

And about alpha... You should take it from main pass (RGBA) I don't want to dublicate same alpha channel for all passes, it's really not needed. It save you a lot of memory.
Oh, I've already forgotten what I was doing in that video :) Actually, alpha issues were not covered good there... I mean all those 'disappearing from beauty pass' things.

You should plug a simple maya bump (i.e. bump2d) into Normals channel and the rest is pretty much standard. If you have some bump issues (noise and stuff) - I'll mention some workarounds.

zylphyr
01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
You should plug a simple maya bump (i.e. bump2d) into Normals channel and the rest is pretty much standard. If you have some bump issues (noise and stuff) - I'll mention some workarounds.

thanks! worked beautifully :)

not sure why it didn't work earlier, but it seems like there is an issue with bump and maya checker (that I was using for testing). Anyway, it works and life is good :D

.z

Puppet|
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Actually, alpha issues were not covered good there... I mean all those 'disappearing from beauty pass' things.

Alpha will disappear only if you try enable 'Export with Shading Engine' option. (for all mr shaders)
In next version of shaders_p (2.9) I'll add new shader that will correct convertion shader to maya Shading Engine and save alpha.

Sagroth
01-20-2006, 12:47 PM
but it seems like there is an issue with bump and maya checker
Yeap, that's one of issues I was talking about - filtering in maya nodes doesn't work properly with mr for some reason, and crisp things (like checker) don't show up or cause noise I mentioned above (if you try smooth bulge for example, it'll work nice right away). The problem could be solved by turning on 'export with shading engine' in shading group, but that causes 'alpha disappearance from beauty pass'. As Pavel had mentioned above, in the next release of shaders_p there'll be a special node available - you just check 'export with se' on and put that node between your shader and it's shading group - you'll get correct result for bump and proper alpha.

Once again - that's problem for the whole mr, not megaTk only (I fell in that pit with ctrl_buffers shader).

But for now, since you don't have that new node (I do :rolleyes: ) you can try either use 'export with se' and get your alpha another way or use mr filtering - just make mr standard texture network, then plug mib_texture_lookup into bump2d value (via 'Out Value A') and turn on your filtering in mentalrayTexture node. Bump will be nice without 'export with se' - and as a result you'll keep your alpha (that's what covered in video).

Puppet|
01-20-2006, 01:15 PM
If you really need this shader and you don't want wait, you can download it here, post #4:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=296886
It's shaders_p 2.9 beta 2. It's like shaders_p 2.8 but I just add p_maya_shadingengine shader to it.

Sagroth
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
He-he, it seems I'd missed that thread :)

zylphyr
01-23-2006, 10:56 AM
thanks puppet & Sagroth!

But I'm not done bothering you guys just yet ;)

I noticed that you guys are subscribed to the thread concering "dv_.OpenEXR - p_.MegaTK passes into one file..." at cgtalk.ru. As I don't read russian I was wondering if you guys might help me out.

basically I have the same problem as Sagroth mentioned in the thread ("access violation", see screengrab), and in addition I noticed this little warning: "while defining camera "render_camShape": illegal argument "ndirectIllumFormat" for function call to "dv_OpenEXR"".

from what I understand PHEN indicates an error inside the phenomenon...?

Exported with puppet_to_mr script, with dv_OpenEXR_0.4.1b, on Mentalray standalone 3.4.5.4

thanks in advance!

-z

Puppet|
01-23-2006, 11:15 AM
It's mistake "ndirectIllumFormat" should be "indirectIllumFormat" just missed 'i'.
You can edit it yourself.
Open pup_maya_2_mental_do.mel and find "ndirectIllumFormat (line 542) and add 'i'
It should work.

In next version of shaders_p 2.9 I'll include and some rewrite dv_OpenEXR shader by d_vanya. I had already do it but only beta now.

zylphyr
01-23-2006, 12:30 PM
thanks puppet, that obviously got rid of the warning (and I probably should have been able to figure that out by myself) :thumbsup:

I still get the "access violation" error, so it won't write the EXR, but I guess that might be resolved in your next update(?).

looking forward to 2.9 :)

-z

Potassium
01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
In next version of shaders_p 2.9 I'll include and some rewrite dv_OpenEXR shader by d_vanya. I had already do it but only beta now.
Hello Pavel,

Ivan mentioned that there is a dv_OpenEXR_U version. Which can support an unlimited number of buffer channels, channel names and the option to chose between INT16, Float16 and Float32.

Will the rewrite that you're working on support these features?

And Thank You! to the both of you guys for your help :)

-P!

wigal
01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey,

I was just browsing cgtalk.ru and also found the dv_OpenEXR output shader.... unfortunately my english is not very good :), so maybe Sagroth, who I noticed was pretty much a part of that thread could explain more?

that would be cool!

cheers

Puppet|
01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
My version of dv_OpenEXR (p_OpenEXR_saver) will support only p_MegaTK passes and mr standart output channels (like z, n, motion, tag, coverage) in single exr file.
Sorry.
Maybe in future version I'll add another output shader that will support unlimited channels or you may use dv_OpenEXR_U by d_vanya.

floze
01-23-2006, 07:11 PM
My version of dv_OpenEXR (p_OpenEXR_saver) will support only p_MegaTK passes and mr standart output channels (like z, n, motion, tag, coverage) in single exr file.
Sorry.
Maybe in future version I'll add another output shader that will support unlimited channels or you may use dv_OpenEXR_U by d_vanya.
Hi Puppet, I didnt find that p_OpenEXR_saver, suppose it's not public yet. Didnt find the source for the dv_OpenEXR either.. would you mind posting it here or sending me via pm, for learning purpose? Thanks a bunch. :)

wigal
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Puppet, I didnt find that p_OpenEXR_saver, suppose it's not public yet. Didnt find the source for the dv_OpenEXR either.. would you mind posting it here or sending me via pm, for learning purpose? Thanks a bunch. :)

take a look here... ther is a download...

http://www.cgtalk.ru/forum/archive/index.php/t-9819.html

direct link: http://www.kirov.ru/~tivan/research/dv_OpenEXR_0.2b.rar

hope that helps

Puppet|
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
p_OpenEXR_saver will available in shaders_p 2.9 (soon)
If you want you may try beta 3 version (win only now)
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_2.9b3.zip
But no script for mr stand alone ready yet and p_MegaTK_pass geometry shader still don't support p_OpenEXR_saver.
I'm doing it current time.

What's new in current 2.9 version:
1.Added p_maya_shadingengine shader
2.Modified p_scatter_wrap shader, added 'Trace Depth' parameter and some change in Scattering part for more beauty result.
3.Added 'Premultiply Alpha' parameter to p_z shader
4.Added p_OpenEXR_saver output shader for saving multichannels exr file
5.Now in p_MegaTK shader when reach max reflection or refraction trace depth call environment instead of black
6.Increase reflection and refraction rendering speed on p_MegaTK when no one specular or diffuse models enabled (thanks to JVgfx)
7.Added 'Add to Original Normal' parameter to p_MegaTK bump (mostly for 3dsmax)

floze
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Thank you Puppet. Cant wait for the upcoming release and your utmostly appreciated source code. ;)

Thanks wigal, too; I was looking after the source code tho. Thanks anyway.

wigal
01-23-2006, 09:08 PM
ooops, my bad sorry :)

Sagroth
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Concerning dv_OpenEXR - maybe I've missed smth, but I don't know about any _U version. The latest version I know of is 0.4.3b - there should be a link to it somewhere at cgtalk.ru (wigal, that thread you gave is actually pretty old - there were much more futher discussions in another one :))

But the prob is - I use shake for compositing (well, that's not a prob at all, actually :D) - linux 4.0 version does support aux channels from exr, but somehow half of compression types from dv_OpenEXR (the yammiest ones) didn't actually work in shake, though manual says it supports them - I don't know whether it's problem of a shader or shake's io module, so for me personally it's more efficient to use standard separete-file technique in IFF format - as a most versatile and economical approach ;)

But now I'll go and try p_EXR :D
Ah, oops, no support for it yet :rolleyes:

stilgarna
01-24-2006, 07:50 AM
p_OpenEXR_saver will available in shaders_p 2.9 (soon)
If you want you may try beta 3 version (win only now)
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_2.9b3.zip
But no script for mr stand alone ready yet and p_MegaTK_pass geometry shader still don't support p_OpenEXR_saver.
I'm doing it current time.

What's new in current 2.9 version:
1.Added p_maya_shadingengine shader
2.Modified p_scatter_wrap shader, added 'Trace Depth' parameter and some change in Scattering part for more beauty result.
3.Added 'Premultiply Alpha' parameter to p_z shader
4.Added p_OpenEXR_saver output shader for saving multichannels exr file
5.Now in p_MegaTK shader when reach max reflection or refraction trace depth call environment instead of black
6.Increase reflection and refraction rendering speed on p_MegaTK when no one specular or diffuse models enabled (thanks to JVgfx)
7.Added 'Add to Original Normal' parameter to p_MegaTK bump (mostly for 3dsmax)

Great Job Puppet....

p_maya_shadingengine what is it for and How to use ???

Bye...

Puppet|
01-24-2006, 08:45 AM
to stilgarna:
Read this topic:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=296886 (showthread.php?t=296886)

stilgarna
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
to stilgarna:
Read this topic:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=296886 (http://showthread.php?t=296886)

Sorry I'm blind ... :)

vosy
01-26-2006, 10:10 AM
hi to all

i'm trying render ur p_megatk_example_scene1 from http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/howtomegatk_e.shtml and i have any problems :(

1) when I finished render so in render_test folder i have tif files like DIFF, OCC, SHA etc....
but when i want to push it to Photoshop cs2 so i can't, there is a message
"Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered.
:( i don't know where is problem

2) when i select the dummy poly cube and go to AtribEditor and next go to p_MegaTK_pass1 subfolder so into command feedback line is warning message
Error: No object matches name: p_MegaTK_pass1.name

I used shaders_p_2.9b3

where is the problem :(

Puppet|
01-26-2006, 11:49 AM
1. Sorry, but I don't know why mental ray saves not correct tif or why
photoshop couldn't open it (other softwares open it well).
You may try to resave files in: shake, df or nuke (or any other software that
support floating point 32bit tif)
Or if you don't have such software you may render your images to
OpenEXR format, Photoshop CS2 open it well. OpenEXR have a more
smaller file size than tif.

2. It's my mistake, I had rename 'name' parameter and forget to update AEp_MegaTK_passTemplate.mel
Please download shaders_p_2.9b3.zip again I had update it.

vosy
01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
yea
thx for solving second problem I got an email :)
but the first problem :( I try generate .iff files but I have same problem :(

Puppet|
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Try exr format, there is no problem with exr format in photoshop.

vosy
01-26-2006, 01:22 PM
yea exr format works good, thx

Sagroth
01-26-2006, 05:24 PM
You can use mr's imf_copy utility to resave files and after that they'll open in PS.
But this utility doesn't work with masks, so you have to make smth more complex.
For example, you can make a batch file, for example myFormatCorrector.bat with the following content:

:start
if %1 == "" goto finish
imf_copy %1 "%~dp1new_%~nx1"
shift
goto start
:finish

Then you select all your problem images and just throw them onto myFormatCorrector.bat icon - they'll be automatically resaved with a prefix new_ - modify to your own taste.

P.S. Forgot to say - it doesn't work for float point tifs, but for ordinary mr output could be a solution.

vosy
01-27-2006, 08:28 AM
hi

is any way how to separate and render only color pass to save render time?

when I change only color on my scene I need not rerender OCC, SHADOW, DIFF etc...

Puppet|
01-27-2006, 09:15 AM
No, sorry you should always rerender main image (rgba)

Sagroth
01-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, but you can make your main image to be identical to color pass - just turn everything off in the shader, turn on Constant Diffuse coef=1 and color=white (you can turn off everything in the scene you don't need - lights etc.) you'll get your color pass in main rgba quickly - and you can also render with color pass enabled - to get the exact fp image.

janL
02-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi.

This shader is very useful for me.
But there's one thing i can't get right.

Every time i render out my passes via this shader, i get a black background, even though its set to white on my camera.

I need the background to be white, so if here's anyone around who can tell me how to achieve this, i would be very thankful.

thx

janL

Lorecanth
02-06-2006, 06:45 PM
take it into a compositing app premultiply it and set a white background.

zylphyr
02-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Absolutely loving your shaders Puppet!

Here are a couple of questions:

1) I noticed when using puppetLights that lightAngle (for “soft” raytrace shadows) is no longer taken into account. On spots & point I would just convert it to areaLight, but on my directional Lights I’m having trouble. Is there any way to get “soft” raytrace shadows using puppetDirectionalLight?

2) Occasionaly I get som weird frame buffer results. Have a look at the attached imgs. The ambient_occlusion buffer picks up some yellow color. The specular_shadow buffer looks like an occlusion_buffer with some black spots, the shadow buffer gets some hard black spots around the eyes (which is probably due to the eyes being made up of two spheres one refracting the other), and the ambient buffer is exactly the same as the color buffer (but this might be intentional?)

I’ve tried rendering with both 8bit & float, and in different file formats, using both pupm2mr & the geoShader approach, with the same results. I also have tried mentalrayGlobals.passAlphaThrough set to both 0 & 1 and exportWithShadingEngine (on all shading engines) turned on and off, all with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-z

edit: oops forgot to attach pictures

zylphyr
02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
and here is the spec_shadow

Puppet|
02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
1. Direct Light source could't have "soft" shadow, because it have no origin, only direction.

2. Are you have tried to compose result? Do you get not correct image?
Yellow color it's strange(if you have no yellow background)... I'll view it...

zylphyr
02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your quick replay Puppet.

Regarding directional lights, I'm sure you are right, but is there no way to "fake" it, like Maya's light angle (which does work on directionalLights)? The reason I’m asking is simply that sometimes it’s nice to have soft sun light shadows and using spots for sun light is more cumbersome then directional lights.

I think I have managed to pinpoint the problem with the yellow amb_occlusion. Basically if I plug any maya texture node into surface color some part of amb_occlusion will turn yellow (and sometimes blue). In the prev example there was a layeredTexture that caused the problem.

I have found a way to make a decent composite. Instead of using ambient_occlusion, I’m using diffuse_occlusion and the spec shadow pass isn’t that big a deal. However it would be great to be able to get the ambient buffer without the surfaceColor. Don’t know if that is possible though.

The strange eye shadow problem is definitely due to the way the eyes are set up (two spheres one refracting the other), however I bypass this by adding the refractions further down in the comp.

edit: I just discovered the p_environment shader :thumbsup: Plugged into a special channel, it gives me exactly what I need.

-z

gulio
06-07-2006, 08:26 AM
If the video is still needed, it could be taken here (thanks Sleng very much for upload):

Hi Sagroth,
seems that I missed the tutorial. :shrug: Only the first part is still obtainable, but the other two are deleted, due to low request it says. So I dare to ask if you could please upload the two addional parts once again. Maybe we can create a thread then which is more pointing straight to it by itīs titel.

Puppet|
06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
shaders_p 3.0 beta 5 (only win version for Maya and 3DSMax)
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_3.0b5.zip (http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_3.0b5.zip)- 850kb (http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_3.0b5.zip)

What's new (from beta 3):
Added Bump slot for p_maya_shadingengine shader
Added p_float4_to_color shader
Added 'Russian Roulette Optimization' option for disable it in p_MegaTK shader
Added SpecialC3 and Special4 channels for p_MegaTK shader
Added 'Gamma' for Occlusion in p_MegaTK shader
Added 'Samples Decrease Factor' to p_MegaTK shader
Added 'Path Indirect Diffuse' to p_MegaTK shader
Added p_float3_to_vector shader
Added p_float2_to_vector shader

Hope next version will be release :)

It's just one of new features of p_MegaTK shader - 'Path Indirect Diffuse' option (like path_material)

http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/path_test6.jpg

No Lights and shadows, no GI, no FG, no Caustics. p_MegaTK shader only.
Rendering time - about 5-6 hours :)

bjoern
06-14-2006, 08:38 AM
that's a great update puppet!!
I like to see a tonemapping function like ctrl.buffer in you future releases...
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3628119&postcount=390
Do thinking about to implement somethink like that? that would be perfect :)

Puppet|
06-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Sorry, but I suppose it's not needed. You may use any compositing software for do it.
It's job for compositing software, but not for renderer.

bjoern
06-14-2006, 09:02 AM
jep, at the End you are totaly right. it's just an nice to have.

So for composite, I know how to do Gamma Corrections. But that gives not very great or not that graet results like tonemapping (with HDR or OpenEXR)!
Do you have a way to correct your images in Post with an algorithm like "Photoreceptor Physiology by E.Reinhard and K.Devlin"? Are there nodes for that in Shake or Nuke? :)
I know a bit of Fusion and i think there is nothing like that.

Puppet|
06-14-2006, 09:22 AM
There is no difference where you will correct your float point image in compositing software or in render - result will be same (of course if you use same formula). For example I have no problem with correction of floating point images in Nuke or Shake.

And one more about gamma... You should set correct gamma value in render options, but not only in post otherwise you'll get not correct texture color!

I also don't recommend you use HDR format because it's really only 8 bit per channel and no alpha. Better use another more serious format like OpenEXR or TIF.

Do you have a way to correct your images in Post with an algorithm like "Photoreceptor Physiology by E.Reinhard and K.Devlin"?
Sorry, I don't know what it is. But all algorithms for floating point images already discovered many years ago and used in most softwares.

bjoern
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
if you are interested, the tonemaping paper :) :
http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/papers/lbnl39882/tonemap.pdf

My english is not that great but from what I undestand . it is very hard to reproduce the look of this algorithm in todays Post Apps. Because of linear Corrections.
Expept you are scripting your own node for shake,fusion, what ever.
Hit me if I'm wrong! :)

Sagroth
07-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Video is available here:

http://rewue.rv.ua/helper/source/mega_passes.zip

(I hope :))

gulio
07-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi Sagroth,
unfortunatly it say "forbidden", I cannot reach the site :shrug:

Sagroth
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeap, it worked for several days and then had gone down - server isn't mine - can't do anything about it.

If anyone can host this video for public usage - that'd be great - PM me.

ZippZopp
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
i want to get passes from maya so i installed this shader, did everything the directions said and I get into maya and i have all the shaders there etc..however, when i try to render mental ray just aborts. is there something i forgot to do? i know that is kinda vague, but maybe i missed something important???

Puppet|
08-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Please view maya script editor and log.

Atwooki
08-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Changed message :)

gulio
08-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi Atwooki,
Iīve already downloaded it. Sagroth wrote me a pm with the link to your site. Thanks for hosting it :thumbsup:.

greets, gulio

Sagroth
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, big thanks to Atwooki for hosting :thumbsup:

Atwooki
08-18-2006, 01:01 AM
No probs !!!
If everyone's done, perhaps I can give a little 'breathe' to my site now?!
I'll give it a couple of days, but as I have to regularly upload 'massive' files I need the space
more often than I'd like ;)

Chris

Tocy
01-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi,
I have some questions regarding megatk, so I warm this thread up:
1. what is the optimal shading network to deal with displacement? Should I put the displace node to midisplacement in SG, or to the regular maya displace slot, is there any difference if I'm using mr subdiv and displ. approximation?
2. Should I use both subdiv and displ. approx? Because I heard contradictory infos about this.
3. I get weird artifacts in diff occl and normal pass, faint, thin lines in and around displaced geometry, intersections etc. I noticed that I get same lines around the shadows of the megatk lights, if shadow is on. How can I avoid these?
Ok, that is enough now, I would be very glad if somebody could help...
Thanks
Gabor

bazuka
01-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Puppet my friend, will u update maya2mrs for mrs3.5 support :)?

Tocy
01-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi,
Ok I figured out my 3. problem (and I found in another topic after) this is the filtering error. Now I will use box 1,1, I hope it will be solved in later releases...
Thanks
Gabor

Puppet|
01-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Tocy, I suppose 1 and 2 questions are not p_MegaTK relative :)
But..
1. what is the optimal shading network to deal with displacement? Should I put the displace node to midisplacement in SG, or to the regular maya displace slot, is there any difference if I'm using mr subdiv and displ. approximation?
midisplacement slot is for displacement shaders, not for textures. I suppose you have no any displacement shaders in Maya.
Maya Displacement slot for textures and etc.

2. Should I use both subdiv and displ. approx? Because I heard contradictory infos about this.
Sorry, I don't know.

3. I get weird artifacts in diff occl and normal pass, faint, thin lines in and around displaced geometry, intersections etc. I noticed that I get same lines around the shadows of the megatk lights, if shadow is on. How can I avoid these?
Please show image or example scene. You may post it here or mail me (please view my mail on doc or website)

Puppet my friend, will u update maya2mrs for mrs3.5 support :)?
Yes, it should works with maya 8 and mental ray 3.5. I recommend you to use last version of script (1.0.3 at current time).
Script not tested with maya 8.5, but I suppose it will works too.

Tocy
01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, sorry, I was just curious that is there any special rule with displacements and megatk.
The 3. problem I had is solved (so-so), it was because of the filtering, as I read here as well:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3582164&postcount=72
Now I use box 1,1 filter.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for this superb shader!
Gabor

Tocy
02-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi!
I'm sorry but I have some problem again: when I render reflection pass with blurred reflection, the output has some black spots randomly (in the renderview, and the rendered image as well). If I read the image as 8 or 16 bit integer, it shows white dots instead of black. I turned off russian roulette opt. but the spots stayed. It is only in blurred reflections, the materials with shiny=0 are correct. What is the problem?
Thanks for any help!
Gabor

Puppet|
02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
If it's dark grey squares with size of filter width - shader return NaN or Infinite value because error in some shader.
Sometimes it happen with blured reflection + maya bump.
And it's already fixed in shaders_p 3.1 version. All NaN or Infinite values replaced with black color and no black squares any more.
Maybe I'll release shaders_p 3.02 with this fix and some others.

If you want fix it in 3.01 version just try to change bump value a little bit or change reflection samples. Or try BlacksportsRemover lens shader by David Lanier (http://dl3d.free.fr/download_shaders.php)
Or wait shaders_p 3.1

Tocy
02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
It was caused by rapid motion blur. With normal blur it's okay. I haven't used bump on glossy surfaces. Anyway, thanks for the fast reply, you are on of the most responsive developer I know.
Gabor

ps: I'm waiting for 3.1 :)

Tocy
02-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Just me again :) If I want to use reflection mapping with Megatk, then I simply connect an env ball to custom reflection slot, and set samples to 0?
Or should I use mental ray env sphere?
Thanks,
T

Puppet|
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure that connecting env ball to any color parameter is correct.
I suppose better connect to 'Custom Reflection' p_environment shader.
p_environment shader just compute environment reflection without trace geometry.
And if you want use some custom environment map(different from you scene environment) you should connect environment shader to your shading group.

Ruthtog
02-24-2007, 12:46 AM
HI,

I'm wondering how I can use this shader with GI and final gathering from IBL node?

Tocy
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I haven't tried GI, but we are using final gather, outputting to a separate indirect pass. You can do it by simply checking the indirect pass in the megatk_pass geoshader, and enabling fg.

fr3drik
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
(Edited post)

Originally, I posted this message to ask why I was unable to install the shaders globally on the network using the MI_CUSTOM_SHADER_PATH environment variable in a mixed platform environment... but I successfully made it work in the end so I erased my original message.

If anyone has the same issue, create the environment variable on the machine and point it to different network locations (separated with semicolon), in which you have put the different .mi and .dll (or .so) files.

:)

joie
04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi there;

Is this shader working for 64 bits machines?.

Thankīs for the info.

Puppet|
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes, of course. Just view info about supported versions and platforms in download section here:
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/shaders_p_e.shtml

I recommend you download last version 3.1 beta 6
P.S. Very soon will be available new 3.1 release version.

joie
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry to post that silly question, I had only to read the readme.txt to see that it works perfectly in both 32 and 64 systems.

OK, the reason Iīm interested in your shader is because I need desperatedly to render all possible passes but I need to use the mia_arquitectural shaders and the physical sun and sky.

How could I use them in order to extract the buffers I need?.

Thankīs for the help.

Puppet|
04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
If you are using mia_material I suppose you need mia_wrapper shader (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=87&t=475104)

I can see that only win32 version available. I can recompile it for win32, win64 and linux32. Do you need it?

joie
04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Aaaargh!, yes!, I need it!

LOL, I asked for help on the compiling thing but noone answer..., please, it would very kind of you if you could compile it for 64 bits, Iīll be grateful.

Thankīs.

Tocy
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi, I have a question again:)
We are testing megatk under linux32 and maya8, the shader loads, it is in the shader manager, but it renders black, and the console says shader not found. We tried with other shaders from p_shaders and gives the same error. What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance
Gabor

Puppet|
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Just show me your error message.
I suppose you not install it correct.
Please read installation instruction.

joie
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Err..., May I ask again for a 64 bits compilation of the "mia_wrapper" shader?, that is crucial for me, I need it, please puppet, Iīll owe you a beer :D

Thankīs.

Puppet|
04-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Err..., May I ask again for a 64 bits compilation of the "mia_wrapper" shader?, that is crucial for me, I need it, please puppet, Iīll owe you a beer :D
About error it's for Tocy :)

And for you, please view attachment. It's win32 and win64 version, but it not tested because I have no 64 bit machine now. Please let me know is it works.

Tocy
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Hello Puppet,
thanks for the reply. I think the installation is ok, as far as I know (linux), because maya loads the shader, it is in the list, I can assign it to objects, but when rendering, the console says:
PHEN 0.4 error 051011: shader "p_DirectTK" not found
PHEN 0.4 error 051011: shader "p_MegaTK" not found
PHEN 0.4 error 051011: shader "p_MegaTK" not found

and it says for all your shaders in shaders_p, but mr renders correctly with other custom shader (I tried JS_blendcolors just for test) Can be the reason that we hadn't set up envir variables or it is just some linux problem?
Thanks

Puppet|
04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
This error mean that some error happen before and library not loaded at all and of course all shaders from it will be unavailable.
Please load maya and open Script editor and view for errors.

Possible reason is that shaders_p.so couldn't find correct version of stdc++.so (maybe shaders_p.so use another version than is in maya, it's my problem). Just view shaders_p.so(for example with kate) and find ".so" what version is used and try to create symlink.

joie
04-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Now testing...

Thankīs for this Puppet, it make take me a while to test if that work correctly since I have to first understand how it works.

But thankīs anyway! :D

BTW why does you 32 bits compilation sizes 40 kb and the one posted in the "mia wrapper" post sizes 140 kb?, Are they the same?.

Tocy
04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks again Puppet, but where should I create link (to libstdc++.so.6)? I tried to mentalray library, but with no luck. This libstdc++.so.6 does exist in maya/lib.
By the way the script editor says:
// Warning: (Mayatomr.Custom) : /usr/autodesk/maya8.5/mentalray/include/shaders_p.mi: couldn't find shader library //
and the console writes the same error as before.
I'm sorry for the lame questions, but we are beginners in linux :)
Thanks

Tocy
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Please Puppet, if you have idea what could be the problem... We have to start our next project on linux very soon and we would like to use your shader (as we did on win) if possible. Why couldn't maya find the shader library? Where to link this libstdc++.so? I think it is a very simple problem just can't find it. We are using fedora core 6. Pleease....:)
Thank you very much in advance!
Gabor

Puppet|
04-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm not familiar with linux too :)
You may try to create symlink like this:

ln -s /DIR/libstdc++.so.5 /DIR/libstdc++.so.6
or

ln -s libstdc++.so.5 libstdc++.so.6
it will create sym link file with name "libstdc++.so.6" that will be linked to "libstdc++.so.5" or other that you have in your system or maya.

Tocy
04-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks Puppet, although it didn't help. But one of my colleague has recompiled the shader, and it seems to work, but need more testing. Maybe some missing exr library has caused this, but we are not sure yet. Thanks for your help!
Gabor

jasonhuang1115
05-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks a lot, Puppet, for sharing this great shader.

I have some problems while rendering out single multichannel openEXR file using the shader. I am using Maya 8.5 with the latest version of the p_MegaTK shader. I rendered out the single multichannel EXR and viewed it in Nuke. The viewer showed all black when Nuke read in the file, which is in RGBA channel by default, and when I selected other passes, such as diffuse, ambocc, specular, the viewer displayed each pass correctly as I rendered out each pass as individual file. Is there a way to let the viewer show RGBA channel as what I will get in Maya Render view? Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Puppet|
05-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Possible problem is that your main frame buffer type is not 'float' or 'half'.
Try to set your main frame buffer to 4x32 (float) or 4x16 (half).

jasonhuang1115
05-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, Puppet. :thumbsup:
Is the "main frame buffer" in your context meaning "Primary Framebuffer" under Render Setting's Mental Ray tab? If so, I did try to use "RGBA (Float) 4x32 Bit", "RGBA (Half) 4x16 Bit", but I still get a completely black image while opening in Nuke. I tried to change the "Colorspace" to sRBG in Read node, but it didn't help. The good thing is that all the other channels' information(channel name, image) are correctly displayed while I switched among channels in viewer.

Any thoughts? :)

ps. I attached the scene file in case if you don't mind spending 10 seconds to render it out. It's generated in Maya 8.5 with your latest version shader.

Puppet|
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
You don't save Primary Buffer (RGBA) to OpenEXR at all. You are saving to exr only passes, not primary buffer.
You should switch 'RGBA Format' in p_MegaTK_pass shader from 'From Render Settings' to 'Single OpenEXR'.

jasonhuang1115
05-01-2007, 10:49 PM
:bounce: You are freaking awesome! Puppet!! I have been trying to render single multichannel openEXR since watching Gnomon's digital sets DVD and Nuke series and today is my first time render it out in Maya with Mental Ray. On top of that, it's readable and viewable in Nuke.

Puppet, I haven't brought this shader into real projects that I have been working on. Do you think that the limitation of using megaTK lights and megaTK shader is gonna be a problem while working with a complicate project? I understand that I should play with this shader more before I pop up this question, but I just thought that, you as the creator of the shader, may be able to give me some suggestions before I remove all my shaders in the scene and replace with p_megaTK. :)

joie
05-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes, What about using any other types of lights with MegaTK shader like IBL or physical sky lights?

Puppet|
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
jasonhuang1115, I suppose be better if you'll try it with simple project and decide yourself.
Common limitation of p_MegaTK shader (only if you want render passes) is that you should use only p_LightsTK.

All multipass techniques apply many restrictions and p_MegaTK limitations is not so problem. In my opinion p_MegaTK is simplest way to get correct passes. With any other techniques you should do to many manual job for getting passes and sometimes it's too hard to get normal pure 'shadow' pass for example. And other techniques maybe slower.

What about using any other types of lights with MegaTK shader like IBL or physical sky lights?
Other lights is not supported for passes.
You may use IBL but not 'Emit Light' option.
I think about writing my own 'physical sky' :) but it's not possible without original source code.
Now you may connect p_DirectTK instead of physical_sun, but you'll lost dependency "light angle->light color".

P.S. In new version of shaders_p 3.1 all my light shaders have some new options for comfortable usage.

joie
05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Excuse me, Iīm trying to use the megaTK_Pass to use with the mia_wrapper to output mia_material passes, but I canīt figure out how to tell your shader what bit depth to use with EXR files, it always render in 32 bits depth, but in the render globals I tell MAYA to render in 8 bits..., whatīs the problem?.

P.S.: I want to render in 8 bit... :)

Puppet|
05-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Do you want to render passes to 8 bit? It's not correct. Most passes should be float point otherwise you'll lost too many data(mostly for clamping) and never get same image that in beauty pass.

Bit depth and file format you may select in 'p_MegaTK passes Out Format'.
If you are rendering to 'Single OpenEXR' you may select bit depth in 'OpenEXR' format.
OpenEXR format don't support 8 or 16 bit at all. Only 'float32', 'float16' and 'unint32'.

joie
05-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Mmmm, I know you are right, but when I open one of the EXR in photoshop I donīt get more range than a regular 8-bit image, I mean, the image is burnt out and if I turn down the exposure, it doesnīt exposure well and is still burnt..., Do I have to set render globals frame buffer to also 32 bits depth and EXR output?.

Also it would be very kind of you if you could explain the attributes of the megaTK_pass attributes, since I donīt know which number I must set to those attirbutes to get EXR output or TGA or whatever bitdepth I need..., if you could explain in depth that node Iīd be gratefull.

And also, I canīt render every single framebuffer from your shader and mia_wrapper..., I only get two or three and donīt know what to do to get the others, see the image below:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/452/tempfq9.jpg

Puppet|
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Photoshop is not good for float point images. Please use normal compositing software like: Nuke, Shake, DF or AE. (AE not soo good)
Possible in Photoshop you should change 'Gamma', but not 'Exposure'.

Also it would be very kind of you if you could explain the attributes of the megaTK_pass attributes, since I donīt know which number I must set to those attirbutes to get EXR output or TGA or whatever bitdepth I need..., if you could explain in depth that node Iīd be gratefull.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about, what number?

http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/shaders_p/docs/images/tk_pass_ae.gif

What is the problem with other images or buffers?

Please view tutorial for "Rendering passes with p_MegaTK" here:
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/shaders_p/docs/

joie
05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Iīm doing something wrong since my attribute editor looks like this:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4986/attributeeditorhi8.jpg

Puppet|
05-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Just install AETempletes. Please read installation instruction.

Possible you have installed 3.1 beta without install 3.0.1 before.
Beta releases it's just update for previous version (just updated files and no doc)
Please view readme.txt

joie
05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Hell, I need to start reading... :rolleyes:

I suppossed the beta needed to be installed fresh no previous releases needed...

Well, Iīll try again this afternoon and see if it works.

thankīs for your patience :)

sixbysixx
05-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Photoshop is not good for float point images. Please use normal compositing software like: Nuke, Shake, DF or AE. (AE not soo good)
Possible in Photoshop you should change 'Gamma', but not 'Exposure'.

As of CS3 Extended the options regarding float are getting a lot better.
One very important thing to avoid is using the gamma/exposure control in 32bit preview options and in the convert to 8bit/16bit dialog! (it only changes luminance values!!!)
Either change the Gamma in an exposure adjustment layer (only in CS3 extended), or in image/adjustments/exposure...

When compositing passes I usually put them to linear dodge blending mode and it works really well for me.
(unless you have shadow or occlusion passes obviously...)

But I'm curious Puppet: are there any other reasons why you don't like PShop for this? I'm not familiar with the other packages, so there might be things I'm not aware of at all...

Puppet|
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM
to sixbysixx:
I'll try Photoshop CS3 Extended some day soon and reply you later.

mohinder
05-15-2007, 10:47 AM

Can you please upload the files again? They are no longer available. Thanks

bradhsu0808
05-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Can you please upload the files again? They are no longer available. Thanks

please upload it again.

Sagroth
05-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi to everyone.
Actually, I can upload it to rapidshare.com - 91 Mb total:

http://rapidshare.com/files/31894614/mega_passes.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31898026/mega_passes.part2.rar

P.S. It's a bit outdated already, but I believe main principles remain the same.

iosifkefalas
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Pavel

First I wanna thank you that you keep compiling your wonderful shaders for the mac platform. I was using p_shaders 2.3 in the past with p_megaTK and p_geometry passer with no problems. Then I recently saw the announcement in highend3D.com for the new p_shaders 3.1.1 and I was very thrilled to see that it supports OSX. so I 've downloaded them and I think I 've installed them properly but when I tried to render some passes with the p_megaTK and the geometry passer it didn't give any passes nor any image in the render view window. I know there are some problems with the openEXR option in geometry passer in mac but I didn't use openEXR option. Please help!! Again thank you for your wonderful shaders!!

this is the warning as posted in the Highend3D announcement:

(Warning! For macOSX users p_OpenEXR_saver shader not works because some problem with correct compiling(linking) OpenEXR library. 'Single OpenEXR' option in p_MegaTK_pass geometry shader not works too for same reason. Please be careful!)

CGmm
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi, I want to try this shader, but I can't reach to the web site.
Puppetl, is your website down?

I remember it was OK two weeks ago, but not now.
Hope it'll be back soon.

dailyqumiya
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks.....for all

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.