PDA

View Full Version : SSS with different colours/baking file texture

ajsfuxor
11-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi guys

I'm trying to render a plastic object that has two different colours.. For example a piece of plastic that is half red and half white. Now, I was wondering A) if you can have two SSS shaders on the one object. Half the faces assigned one sss shader, and the other faces assigned another SSS shader. I have tried this, and my render simply comes out black, and leads me to believe you can't do it. Any ideas on this one?

If i can't do it, i need to bake a simple texture map. I have my object setup with half the faces assigned a blinn red and the other faces assigned a blinn white. How can I get this information into a file texture? Do i have to use 3Dpaint? I thought it would be just as simple as assigning my textured to the faces on my object, and then baking the textures, but it says io can only bake one shading node at a time.

For example purposes, im trying to render out a sphere that is half red and half white with SSS.

EDIT* FIsxed the problem, just realised how silly the question was too.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2005, 03:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.