PDA

View Full Version : Portal of Souls

Shiki
11-18-2005, 04:32 AM
This is something I've been working on for a few weeks now, and I'm at a point where I'm not sure it's done yet but I don't know what else to do. I need some suggestions for something that would make this piece feel more complete to me. All the work is done in Photoshop.
~Angela

Shiki
11-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Hello? Need some suggestions here...

DragonSnail
11-21-2005, 01:04 PM
It looks very nice to me so far, but as you say, perhaps a few finishing touches would make it even better. I realise you are going for a stylised piece, with few colors, but together with the water (pond, well, something?) the two females are standing in, which doesnt have the same style as the rest of the picture, it looks a bit flat to me. I would like to see more colors, more depth, in the background sky, for instance, and that eye (if indeed eye it is?) the females are holding looks very soulless as well. I would like to see it more... eye-like! Try to capture the character behind the eye!

Thats just some personal prefferences though, if you where planning to go another way with the piece, just ignore me! ~_^

Shiki
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Well, I guess I wanted the pool of water the two females are standing in to convey a state of calm, though now I'm thinking of adding more ripples to its surface. And you're right the water doesn't follow the same style as the rest of the painting. I'll have to change that, I didn't even notice the contrast, thanx!

Now the eye is suppose to be a "seer of all" of sorts. Originally I tried to add the ocula(or white part of the eye) but I couldn't get it to look right. I decided to focus on the iris and pupil, as some eyes in animals you don't see the white part of their eyes. I think the reason it is coming through as souless is because there is a layer over laying its color, dulling it a bit. I'll work out some kinks and post back soon. Thanx! :)

Shiki
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I've made some major changes to this image after still being unsatisfied with it. Now it seems to take on a light and dark, yin and yang theme, or even a gemini theme. The bg has undergone several makeovers and it now better reflects what I wanted. What do you guys think of it now?~Angela

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.