PDA

View Full Version : New free texture collection and more

AndyBa
11-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone.
I have uploaded a new collection (http://www.3dmd.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=49) of hair textures with transparency maps.
All these textures are free to download.
Here is an example
http://www.3dmd.net/gallery/albums/textures/hair/dark_hair0003.jpg

I would like to know what do you think about these textures. Are they useful? What needs to be improved? If you have done some nice renderings with them, you are welcome to post them in this thread.
Thank you.

Alistar
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Andyba.
Can we use textures from 3dmd.net in commercial projects?

AndyBa
11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Andyba.
Can we use textures from 3dmd.net in commercial projects?
Yes, you can use any texture from 3dmd.net in commercial projects as long as you mention 3dmd.net in the credits.

Alistar
11-25-2005, 10:38 AM
What if we don't have a credits section in our project?
A website for example...
Can we still use textures from 3dmd.net ?

arvid
11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Commercials never have credits, and if anyone is mentioned there may only be room for the director and the lead artist perhaps, wont be so easy to include credits in commercial projects.

AndyBa
12-27-2005, 04:49 PM
You still can use textures from 3dmd.net if you don't have the credits section in your commercial product.
But a link from your site to 3dmd.net is always welcome. ;)
Be prepared, soon we will add a bunch of new quality textures and references.

phlewp
12-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Commercials never have credits, and if anyone is mentioned there may only be room for the director and the lead artist perhaps, wont be so easy to include credits in commercial projects.

I think he was asking not if they may be made in commercials, but rather commercial projects. In this case, commercial meaning paying jobs.

AndyBa
12-29-2005, 07:35 PM
phlewp, I think arvid just gave an example of a type of comercial project that usually doesn't have credits...

phlewp
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
phlewp, I think arvid just gave an example of a type of comercial project that usually doesn't have credits...

Yeah, I read it as him assuming commercial projects meant just commercials (as in the the advertisements during tv programs), so I was just trying to clarify.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.