PDA

View Full Version : Will studio be released for mac or linux also?

numberEleven
11-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Was curious if there is any information regarding a potential future release date for a mac studio version, and if there was any interest by the pmG team to release a linux version.

hyenaman
11-18-2005, 07:22 AM
WOw that would be awsome....
That would make Messiah the perfect solution for someone like me...
to do shorts from home.....
I know many guys out here who would grab it instantly...

Labuzz
11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Dont dream too much. This wont happen anytime soon.

numberEleven
11-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, it was mentioned that at some point, they would create a mac version. I think they might have also said "no" to linux, but, again, thats just my memory, and not me digging through old emails to find exactly who said what and when.

I dont believe it was ever mentioned WHEN a mac version would happen, and, it could be possible (although that would be a bummer) that it could get discarded.

Was just curious if someone had heard anything. Thanks.

Chewey
11-18-2005, 07:16 PM
mac version? Please don't hold your breath. Maybe after the Win version is complete but then I wouldn't hold my breath for that one either...

isobarxx
11-18-2005, 07:43 PM
A linux version would enable me to finally stop using windows at home--which would be super cool! But I don't see how that could happen without expanding staff. I have a feeling that after the next release with Develop we'll start having paid updates (but not too much $$$ please!) so hopefully that will translate into more rapid development. I think ~$300/yearly release is reasonable for updates. If nothing else it's a tax deduction =)

stooch
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
300 a year is more then fair.

The fact that my money is going directly into the product of such quality is worth more then any tax return (although those are nice LOL).

though with paid updates i would expect a timeline :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.