PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Releases Eighth Free Texture Collection

Chuck Baker
11-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Fifty New Images Brings Free Resource for Digital Artists to 400 High Resolution Textures and Reference Images

NewTek is pleased to announce today the release of the eighth edition of NewTek's free Texture Collection. As with previous editions, this new set includes fifty high-resolution images useful for textures and reference available for free download at NewTek.com. The total number of free texture and reference images available from NewTek is now at 400. The eighth edition of the texture collection contains images in the categories Concrete, Nature, Landscape, Soil and Wood. The images are suitable for use as is, and most can be easily processed for seamless tiling as well.

For the complete text of the press release, link to:

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/11-17-05a.html

For more information link to:

http://www.newtek.com

(http://www.newtek.com/)

de_tomato
11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Anyone manage to download anything? It prompt me for Admin login? I'm already register but cant use the login i created.

Chuck Baker
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
The username and password required are the same as the NewTek forums; if you are re registered on the forums, then you should be able to login. If not registered on the forums and trying to register through the Texture Collection link isn't working, you can go to the forums and register there. After you register, you'll get an email to activate your forum account when your registration has been processed.

If you've registered on the forums but haven't seen the email yet, you may want to check to see that it didn't get caught in your spam filters. If necessary, the forum moderators can have the forum software resend the email to activate your account.

Icarus
11-18-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah, a load of crap to go through that forum to register, anyhow, worth the download...

you can also grab the other 7 volumes aswell :)

bruno021
11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Got to the collection 01, tried to download first texture, got nothing but an error page.

gavin_hughes
11-18-2005, 09:24 PM
worth the download...hmmm, yea, kinda.
but some are a little blurry.
previous collections are much better than this one.

de_tomato
11-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Manage to get thru the download page now. A bit redundant to register from that page if its not working. Anyway, didnt get anything I wanted there, its collection of photos, and nothing more, which one can get thru google image search and without the hassle of registration too.

angel
11-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Jeez.

-

Icarus
11-21-2005, 02:04 AM
post removed..

Chuck Baker
11-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Manage to get thru the download page now. A bit redundant to register from that page if its not working. Anyway, didnt get anything I wanted there, its collection of photos, and nothing more, which one can get thru google image search and without the hassle of registration too.

Hmmmmm. These are original photographs taken by NewTek staff and associates, are copyright NewTek, and are not to be made available or redistributed by any other means by any other service. Are you actually able to access them through Google? Or are you simply finding similar shots?

SheepFactory
11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
If you guys want decent reference images without the hassle of all this registration take a look at:

www.pbase.com

RobertoOrtiz
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks for sharing Chuck.
-R

Paul-Angelo
11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I logged in but when I click on the collection I get:

Warning: Too many connections in /home/www/www.newtek.com/includes/authvb.php on line 20

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/www/www.newtek.com/includes/authvb.php on line 20
Unable to connect to server.

Anyone else having this problem?

Whelkn
11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
It looks like their web site is having some problems this morning. As I can't access the forums either. Try again later in the day.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.