PDA

View Full Version : ShowReel or DemoReel

mustan9
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
What's the difference between a Show Reel and a Demo Reel.

I think a Show Reel is video of finished production work that you have done, and a Demo Reel is a video of work that shows your skills and talents.

But, I don't get what's the real difference. When should you use a Show Reel, and when should you use a Demo Reel.

MikeRhone
11-17-2005, 03:19 PM
I've never considered there to be a difference personally.

Slurry
11-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I see a show reel as an overall showcase of production work. More generalistic. Showing off finished shots from animation through to compositing. Studios generally have show reels.

A demo reel is specific to a certain area when you are looking for work. Animation reel, modelling reel, fx reel, etc.

That is just my personal inerpretation.

Art

kemijo
11-17-2005, 04:25 PM
What's the difference between a Show Reel and a Demo Reel.

I think a Show Reel is video of finished production work that you have done, and a Demo Reel is a video of work that shows your skills and talents.

But, I don't get what's the real difference. When should you use a Show Reel, and when should you use a Demo Reel.

In CG, there's no practical difference, even though some people differentiate between them. Completely interchangeable.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.