PDA

View Full Version : Undertaking a large project.

Steeeeeeeeeee
11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I am soon to undertake my first large scale project and I was hoping some experienced artists would share some of their experience and tips for managing and preparing for a project of this size.

The project requires modeling a very large building for use in animation and potentially real-time. The development time for the project is about 4 months, and we are keen to develop it in such a way that enables us to get something together quickly. Then with each iteration be able to prioritize content and develop it to a level allowed by that timebox.

At this point Im unsure weather a process like that can work for cg as well as it does for software.

If you have a spare moment I would like to hear what processes you have in place for handling large projects?

thanks

Steeeeeeeeeee

Vossil
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
The finish can make or break a lot of arch stuff so make sure you have a good working relationship with your architect. Find out what kind of windows, door, ledges etc he or she likes and try to find real life examples of these.

My second tip would be to buy a fairly decent didital camera and take lots and lots and lots of referance photos of the building or similar buildings constructed by the same people.

Lastly constantly save different versions as you progress throughout the project so you can always go back if you mis model something, hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.