PDA

View Full Version : maya 7 toon shader issue

coccosoids
11-17-2005, 12:57 PM
hello
can anyone share a tip on how to randomize line extend...i have tried textures & rand expressions but none work, so... ??
and second...this will for sure sound very very dumb, but can anyone tell me how to get viewport preview of toon strokes without the annoying green wireframe that tells me this is the object i have selected.. thank you..

shoox
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
in the attribute aditor for outline u will find cheak box under curvature based width scaling , and adjust the gragh

shoox
11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
in the attrubite aditor for the toon outline u will find a cheak box under ther curvature based width scaling cheak it and u can adjust the gragh

coccosoids
11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
thank you for your concern shoox, but it doesn't work..i mean i still can't get the effect i'm looking for... the closest i've come in one blow(i supose you'll be getting much better results using multiple outlines with various settings, or to assign a/more paint effects brush to toon lines), although i haven't given it too much time, is too use a modifier on the toon shape (at wich you select the minimum line extend) and afterwords play with the line extend&dropoff noise&noise frequency etc attributes of the modifier...
so, again, if anyone comes up with a more ellegant solution to this please post it..
thank you

the images show before and after...

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.