PDA

View Full Version : zoom effect

Gabester
11-17-2005, 06:54 AM
does anyone know how to make a zoom effect in maya with textures simillar to the effect of the starfield in windows screen saver?

Basically I have an image with a white circle in the middle, indicating the distance, and I'd like some crazy non-linear, blurry sort of clouds to appear as they were coming out of the white dot.

I'm just racking my brain and I don't know how to do it. If I was to do it with procedurals, the animation couldn't loop because the texture is always different, and I need it to loop every 10 seconds or so. Any thoughts??

BigSky
11-18-2005, 09:43 AM
This should get you started. A looping seq of 249frames, with particles. You'll need to set your camera, and render. You can't get away with this with procedurals easily, especially looping, as you'd be writing your own perlin loop (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mzucker/code/perlin-noise-math-faq.html#loop)

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2005, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.