PDA

View Full Version : Strange render issue

rsquires
11-17-2005, 03:32 AM
When I render a sequence I occasionally have this problem. The render window says saving file and hangs on say frame 88 of 500. However the app hasn't crashed and if I stop the render, and look at what has been rendered it appears that rather than stopping it has actually continued even though the render window wasn't updating. The weirdest thing was that if I moused over a menu the render would continue updating in the viewport. As soon as the menu disappears back to frozen viewport.

The file I was working on was using Jenna and so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was also hiding the interface and browsing but that shouldn't cause this problem.

I also found that once this happens the app becomes "lazy" so that if you add a cube primitive it doesn't show up in the viewport until you move the view around. The only way around this is to reboot

Does anyone know why this would happen or whether it sounds like a familiar problem that others have encountered

regards

Richard

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 03:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.