PDA

View Full Version : Man & Dog (c&c please)

Sousei
11-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey all!

This is my first try att digital painting with my new Wacom tablet. From scratch in Photoshop. Please tell me what you think needs to be done/done better. Thanks!

http://filip.biel.se/wip10.jpg

Previous versions are available here (http://filip.biel.se/wip.html)

Mu
11-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi,

on the second pic there are many elements which I miss in the first pic, the dog, the sunlit clouds and the reflected light on the treetop. Where did these go?

I do like the ground in the upper pic
Add the missing elements - I hope you did not decide to do without them?

Sousei
11-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Update! For better or worse?

UPDATE:
- Darkened the city scape and sky (don't know if it's too dark now, it's hard to tell on the laptop)
- Added some clouds (better or worse?)
- Detailed the tree
- Added the dog!

TO DO:
- Detail dog and man
- Work on lamp

Mu
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
for the better, of course.

The tree top is great now! I do see the problem that the level of detail you put in there needs to go to other areas, too now. for example the ground near the lantern. And I think the dog is within the light sphere of the lantern, actually.

And maybe the silouette of the man is tto dark also? It is not that dark an evening (look at your sky) and there's a light source that is not directly behind him, so he should have some features lit slightly.

I do like the atmosphere you unfold.

btw, why don't you let the previous wips stay in here? It's always interesting to see what happened before...

EDIT:

hrrng... I missed your new todo list below the first entry:rolleyes: so errm, well it has all been said, by yourself :shrug:

Sousei
11-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Mr. Mu do you think i should put in all the wips from the link? I thought i would be nice to those with slow connections :)

Btw, the man and the dog are black just so that i dont have to have the sketch as overlay.

I also think the bench looks crappy (the metal parts anyway). What do think i should do with the ground near the lantern?

Thanks Mr Mu!

Mu
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Mr. Mu do you think i should put in all the wips from the link? I thought i would be nice to those with slow connections :)

that's true - I tend to forget these things since I have ADSL:D

Btw, the man and the dog are black just so that i dont have to have the sketch as overlay.
I don't understand that - is that part of inner Photoshop mystics? I don't have PS, but I grasped the fact that you are going for more details with the man and the dog. Am anxious to see...

I also think the bench looks crappy (the metal parts anyway).
I actually don't think so! But you make the decisions, so I'll be glad to see what you do with this

What do think i should do with the ground near the lantern?
well, I was going to say more sharpness in the light area, but on a second glance that might not be the case. :shrug:

keep it coming:thumbsup:

Sousei
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
UPDATE #9:
- Attenuated the light on the bench
- Added some more clouds
- Added highlight, from the lantern, on the low fence
- Added a light sphere around the lantern
- Added a little more detail on the ground below the lantern

STILL TO DO:
- Detail man and dog

Maybe I should redo the sky as it seems to compete with the tree texture a little bit. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.