PDA

View Full Version : villain character

Julian Allen
11-17-2005, 02:07 AM
I hope this letter finds everyone doing well. This is a character that I created sometime ago and started a model for a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty much finished but there are some tweaks that I would like to make if someone could give the answers to these questions.

1. I did not weld the cape to the rest of the body. Is this something that I would weld or attach for a game character? Is it also true for any or most ornamentation?

2. On the cape I extruded the edges to get faces on both sides. Doing this, along the side of the cape and the top I cannot weld them together. Is there a way to flip the faces that they can show on both sides without my having to extrude the edges?

3. When it comes to texturing I have problems with seams showing. This is especially true on unclothed characters. Does anyone have any advice?

http://amadikus.com/asneketh_illustr.jpg

http://amadikus.com/3D%20Models_Text/asneketh_finturns.jpg

http://amadikus.com/asneketh_finmultiturns%20copy.jpg

TheRedemption
11-17-2005, 02:25 AM
new design...except for that hair (is that what that stuff is) stickig out the side of his head. but thats just my personal tastes, pay it no mind.

anyway the model is looking good dude.

Ghostscape
11-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Men do not wear pigtails.

Mesh looks good, concept is interesting...
but men do not wear pigtails :(

SHEPEIRO
11-17-2005, 05:18 PM
wicked design,bo

god that was a bit sad, sorry.

no really nice design and i love the pig tails, kind of villain with a softer side, he probably plays with my little ponys when hes not laughing manically, am i right. something to do with being abused as a child, turned him evil.:twisted:

love the concept, and if your texturing works aswell as your painting, should be stunning.

Confracto
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
he looks cool, I like it. that's one fearsome set of pigtails he's wearing.
honestly, the hair needs some redesign work....no one would ever take him seriously.
the model itself is good though, nice topology except for the hair...it's too shapeless....you need to put more of the curly shape you drew into it.

Delucubus
11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey, I think the hair is fine just the way it is. When you start texturing you might want to mess around with the polies that make it though, the cylindars like that may not work too well.

And you really don't have to weld the points on the cape, just as long as when you rig/weight it the base of the cape is weighted to the pelvis or whatever bone you use in the body. And as for the thickness on the cape it will depend on your game engine, some can do double sided polies which would mean you wouldn't need to do an inside and outside of the cape. However some you would need to. But then again having an inside and an outside of the cape allows you to do some different textures, allowing more freedom.

ojko
11-17-2005, 11:16 PM
The mesh looks good.

Though I think that you should remodel the hair, as it looks like he has three thermos flasks attached to his head. :)

What I would do is remodel the hair using a series thin strips, twisting them into a curved shape as you go.

Julian Allen
11-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. Delucubus and Simon, I'm going to try both set of advice to see what I come up with. Thanks again to everyone.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2005, 02:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.