PDA

View Full Version : Default "Required" text in application-specific threads?

erilaz
11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
I was wondering if there was a system in vBulletin to insert some default text into a subject heading or message body on loading a new thread window?

The reason I ask is it would be helpful for application specific forums to have a few entries at the start of the post to encourage users to enter their application version. Half the issues we have to handle deal with people working in a particular version of software, and many people still forget to mention what they are using. For example, on the max forum, a post window could start up with the text:

3dsMAX Version:
System:

While I'm on the subject, is there a way to scan a thread title so that if it's called something like "Please Help..." you have to change it? These sort of threads cause even more frustration, because other users can't immediately see the type of problem without clicking on the thread.

I've brought up the issue of making application specific questions coherent before, but with so many new users joining all the time, it obviously gets lost among the posts! :D

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.