PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Lighting Passes Tutorial

dann_stubbs
11-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Attention Cinema 4D Users:

It has been requested many times that I provide a demonstration on how to setup a project for Channel Lighting passes using Cinema 4D. So finally I have put together an introduction and tutorial on lighting passes, which are now available on my website.

For anyone that is interested, it would be great to get some feedback on the new tutorials. You can find them at the following location:
http://www.walkereffects.com/support/examples/
Introduction to Lighting Passes
Cinema 4D Channel Lighting

You need to have Cinema 4D 8.5 (9 should work, but I have not tested it there yet). You do not need a licensed version of Walker Effects to use the tutorials as the demo will work fine. Soon I will get to working on one for Maya as well. Also, I plan to write a much more extensive tutorial on render passes in general for both Cinema 4D and Maya.

Thanks!

Steven J. Walker
Walker Effects
steve@walkereffects.com
www.walkereffects.com

just to add that i am simply passing along this information - steven also has a very nice free plugin for AE called Super Histogram - may want to check that out for you AE users.

rsquires
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Channel lighting is really great I have to admit but unfortunately I have a lot of the other effects in Walker Effects. Which is a shame. It would be good if he did a compositing suite, that didn't have some of the other plugs. $349.00 is a very reasonable price if you don't have a lot of the effects but to be honest I have Composite Wizard, Lenscare, Color Finesse Unmult from Knoll Light Factory + the Pro version of AE ( matching grain, tracking etc) which pretty much cover a lot of the effects in Walker Effects. The 3d tracker is kind of cool but I usually output a 3d camera from cinema anyway. Channel lighting I can see a use for but it's not worth $349.00 just for that.

Thanks for the link though. There are some very interesting things here

regards

Richard

dann_stubbs
11-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Channel lighting is really great I have to admit but unfortunately I have a lot of the other effects in Walker Effects. Which is a shame. It would be good if he did a compositing suite, that didn't have some of the other plugs. $349.00 is a very reasonable price if you don't have a lot of the effects but to be honest I have Composite Wizard, Lenscare, Color Finesse Unmult from Knoll Light Factory + the Pro version of AE ( matching grain, tracking etc) which pretty much cover a lot of the effects in Walker Effects. The 3d tracker is kind of cool but I usually output a 3d camera from cinema anyway. Channel lighting I can see a use for but it's not worth $349.00 just for that.

Thanks for the link though. There are some very interesting things here

no problem, i'm just spreading the announcment post since he's going to be adding other C4D tutorials - i also thought the free histogram plugin may be interesting to many... just the messenger here : )

dann

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.