PDA

View Full Version : Combustion/Cleaner: Buy or do not buy

net24run
11-20-2002, 12:17 AM
I drew myself times the demo of the program (Combustion) by Discreet and tried out also the existing demo tutorials on the side.

And are also so more sher done of the program that I consider myself it me to add. With a dealer in Germany I found then the also following offer: Discreet offers combustion 2 bundled with other products to 31.12.2002 for scoop prices.

Bundle Combustion 2 Full/Cleaner Full: EUR 1.850,- zuzügl. 16% MwSt.

For the moment I am however not so safe me whether I am to slam shut there or not. Can communicate their times your experience with these two programs to me, so that I mean decision more easily meet can.

Chris
11-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Buy it! I am. :beer:

RentaLLMay
11-22-2002, 01:50 AM
hi net24run,
you should also definitely take a look at
www.id8media.com
They are selling the combustion2/cleaner bundle for 1399 $ plus shipping for approx. 100 $.
This offer is a much cheaper than the offer from your german dealer which will cost you 2146 (incl.VAT) Euro.
I don´t know what the customs laws for importing software to Germany are but for cars they are as follows:
you add 10 % customs duties to the shopping price incl. shipping costs. In this case this means (1399$ + 100$) +10% = approx. 1650$. Now you have to add 16% TAX to 1650$ and you´ll get 1914$ which is approx. the same sum in Euro.

I guess there won´t be any differences in the custom laws for importing software but you better should ask your customs office.

I made a "test order" to check if they deliver the Combution2/Cleaner Bundle to Germany and it seems they do so. So i guess there should be no licensing problems with a copy of Combustion2 which you ordered in the US. Otherwise it would make no sense selling it to people outside the US. But nevertheless i would advice you to check that seperately just to make sure.

To make it short: in the end you can save about 230 Euro if you buy fom id8media. (of course only under the precondition that my information about customs and licensing are correct)

On the other hand, if you still say that you absolutely want to buy your software in Germany you could use this little exemplary calculation as a small support argument while bargaining on the price with your german dealer ;-)

net24run
11-22-2002, 06:50 AM
SUPER, I THANKS YOU - I will ask times inquiry with Discreet or my dealer whether they which against the import from Combustion the USA have. I read in another forum, which does not accept Discreet in Germany the USA Lizens of 3dsmaxr5. Times look, which they say to the import of the Combustion/Cleaner Bundle.

Splice
11-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Before you make a BIG mistake, go to the discreet website and find the local reseller in your area!

Buying combustion from the states will not work in Europe. The deal is availalbe in Europe from the local resellers otherwise if you buy the version from America you will be faced with migration costs to change the license from American to European...

Splice..:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.