PDA

View Full Version : Do you really want to convert this large private scrap to clipboard?

claytonp
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
I know that this has been touched on in other posts, however did not see a solution to the problem. I'm not sure if this dialog box is slowing down my version of painter IX:

1) Open up Painter 9 and maximise the screen
2) File > New. My image size is 3500x1489
3) Select > All
4) Edit > Copy
5) Edit > Paste in Place

I then find that Painter IX is quite slow. If I minimise Painter IX, there is a dialog box now showing:

Do you really want to convert this large private scrap to clipboard?

I select "NO" each time as I do not want to convert the large image to the clipboard. Is there a way to turn off this warning message ?

The problem with this is that the dialog message is displayed "behind" Painter 9. Oh yes, Painter 9 is the ONLY application running.

Clayton

nafa
11-17-2005, 02:52 AM
The message is only generated by Windows when you minimize your Painter session or try to switch to another application. Its sole purpose is to give you the chance to place the copied information into clipboard for use by other applications.

You can confirm this by "Not maximizing" Painter, perform the select and copy operation, then use the mouse to move the Painter Window towards the bottom of the screen. You will see your desktop without the message box.

Furthermore, by minimizing or switching to another applicatin, you have already free up the memory used to hold the "copied" information. Theoretically, it should also remedy the slowdown in Painter (due to the copy operation) if Painter memory management is working correctly.

chrismoose
11-17-2005, 09:34 AM
i get this message all the time. it pops up all the time. i used to think it was because i was using the special buttons on my keyboard to cut and use the painter8-edit-paste into place.
but it seems to just happen randomly, like this morning. i did not minimize the program at all, or cut/copy/paste anything, i've just been sketching on one layer.
its not really a bother but it always turns the application white - just like when you get an application not responding problem. as soon as i press yes or no the message goes away and the whited out screen goes back to the normal working color of painters screen. though sometimes painter is not the active, the blue bars are greyed out and i have to click in painter to activate it again. i cant remember which option greys out painter; clicking yes or no, but only takes a click to get back to work.

chris.

p.s. does anyone notice a dramatic slowdown in painter after you have done a print job from painter? i have to restart my comp in order to do more work.

DigArts
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I know that this has been touched on in other posts, however did not see a solution to the problem. I'm not sure if this dialog box is slowing down my version of painter IX:

1) Open up Painter 9 and maximise the screen
2) File > New. My image size is 3500x1489
3) Select > All
4) Edit > Copy
5) Edit > Paste in Place

I then find that Painter IX is quite slow. If I minimise Painter IX, there is a dialog box now showing:
Clayton

Not sure what you're asking, but try selecting a little two or three pixel area "after" pasting and then use Copy again. That should replace the big clipboard with a small one, or at least it did once upon a time.

How many undos do you have Painter Preferences set for? Large images and 5 or more Undos can make for a big load, especially if you are copying large areas to the clipboard or working with multiple layers.

Not sure this addresses your issue, but it's easy enough to try.

DigArts
http://www.gardenhose.com (http://www.gardenhose.com/)
Tree & Foliage Tools

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.