PDA

View Full Version : yeti -first ps drawing in looong time

rasmusW
11-16-2005, 10:11 PM
hey everyone!

http://www.3dhotdog.com/yeti_wip_01.jpg

-first time posting here in the 2d section.

it's one of my first ps drawings i quite a time... -so bring it on. let me hear what you think, good or bad.

not sure if it's finished yet. probaly gonna do some more detailing and a background. also thinking of giving him a bone or something in his hand.

i'm also thinking of doing him in 3d. could be fun to play around with some fur.

thanks to ctp, for the upload:)

-r

bupaje
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Looks good so far. My only noobpinion involves the head .... not sure about the color and lack of hair in that climate -maybe a bluish or 'granite colored' skin tone if he is going to blend in to his environment. Also he seems to have no neck which would make it hard to turn his head. If you don't want a longer neck then maybe the area around where the neck would be needs to be looser fur -so there could be a neck just hidden by hair. The area right now seems full of bunched muscle so you can 'see' he has no neck.

Look forward to seeing what else you do with it. :)

lanternkid
11-17-2005, 02:15 AM
I agree with bupaje. The rest of the picture looks like it's got a dull, slightly bluish light cast on it so the pinkish colour you've used shouldn't be so vibrant. I really like how you draw fur, your style is sweet.

rasmusW
11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
thanks for the crit guys...

my intention with the head was to make it a bit like those bald redheaded monkeys, but i diffently see your point, and will be looking into it.
as for the neck thing, my plan was to make him look a bit like a hunchback, but it's probaly not that visible... -i'll see what i can do (great idea about the fur, bupaje).

hope to get something up, tonight.

rasmusW
11-17-2005, 10:11 PM
hey guys/girls...

-back with a little update. changed the colors on the head and re-draw some of it. also added a bone to his hand(not finished, yet).

not really sure if i'm going the "right" direction, but let me hear what you think...

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2005, 10:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.