PDA

View Full Version : Transparency

MainlineX
11-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey there:)

I can't seem to get this thing to work, so I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction here. Anyways, here is my little problem.....

I have made a scene and have used mental ray shaders. What I am struggling to do is, to somehow connect a transparency node to my mental ray shaders. To be more specific, I have a few mib_illum_blinn shaders and a misss_fast_simple_maya shader. There is obviously no transparency that I can see on any of these shaders.So, with that being said, is there a way to connect a transparency node to those shaders?? I see that there is a mib_transparency shader/node. Is that the one I use to get transparency on my shaders without affecting the colour of my current shaders?? Thank you in advance and any help would be GREATLY appreciated :) :)

Mills :)

MainlineX
11-17-2005, 05:16 AM
Anyone at all?? :)

LehaS
11-17-2005, 09:50 AM
You have to plug the outValue of your base shader( Blinn lets say) into the Color of mib_transparency and then plug mib_transparency into your miMaterialShader of your Shading Group....

Blinn>mib_transparency>SG

hope it helps

MainlineX
11-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Awesome! Thanks a ton for your help!! Just what I wanted:) Thanks once again :) Greatly appreciated :)

Mills :)

MainlineX
11-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Howdy:)

Me again...hehe...I have bumped into another problem:( I have managed to get the transparency to work, the only other thing that I can't seem to get right is the alpha channel??? I had an alpha channel before I applied the mib_transparency. Is there a way to be able to get that alpha channel back?? I went into my mental ray options and switched on Pass Custom Alpha Channel and it does not do anything. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated:)

Mills

fabergambis
11-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I think you mean that...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=226685&page=5

MainlineX
11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks Fabergambis

It is what I am looking for but I don't have any texture assigned to it...So the alpha still does not work properley. Thanks anyways though.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.