PDA

View Full Version : Painter Classic Digital Airbrush Issue.

Khymeira
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
If I'd asked this question in front of a physical audience, chances are, I'd have a paperbag over my head. Thank goodness for anonymity. D:,

Whenever I attempt to use the Digital Airbrush, an error message pops up with the following:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/576/paintererror2an.jpg

This is a legitimate copy, but the official site doesn't seem to have anything for it. I suppose because Procreate was bought out by Corel after this program was released (my sources say).

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone actually received a similar error?
And if so, was the issue ever resolved in any version?

(By the way, I did look to see if this question had been asked already, but I saw nothing of the sort. Not even the Painter 9.1 thread. <_<;; )

Jinbrown
11-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Hi,

I don't see a way to restore brush variants to their default state from within procreate Painter Classic 2 but you might try doing it this way:

1. Close procreate Painter Classic 2.

2. Go to your file manager, to the following folder:

procreate Painter Classic > Brushes > Airbrushes

3. Highlight and delete the cached variant used to store temporary user settings, the file named:

c_Digital Airbrush.xml

4. Launch procreate Painter Classic 2 and see if the Airbrushes' Digital Airbrush variant works as expected.

If that doesn't work properly, do the following:

1. Move any files you created that are currently in the procreate Painter Classic application/program folders into a new folder somewhere outside of the procreate Painter Classic application/program folders.

2. Uninstall procreate Painter Classic 2.

3. Manually delete any remaining procreate Painter Classic 2 folders and files.

4. Reboot.

5. Install procreate Painter Classic 2.

6. Reboot.

7. Launch procreate Painter Classic 2 and your brush variants should all be working again.

On another note, Corel didn't buy out procreate. It was always part of Corel.

For a short time, procreate was the division of Corel that handled their graphics software.

Khymeira
11-18-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm infinitely grateful for the help you've provided. I've always had a rather unlucky streak with the Painter applications; bad RIFF data or graphic instruments conking out on me the most common.

But this is an indication of change.
I'm not so hopeless after all. *chuckles*

Thank you very much! X)

--Oh, and thanks for clarifying the whole procreate/Corel issue.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2005, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.