PDA

View Full Version : how to extend the layer palette?

SheepFactory
11-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Guys ,

i have a quick question , is there any way to make the layer palette longer by dragging it down like in photoshop. I am trying to no avail its locked size it seems and its very very annoying to work with anything over 5 layers.

Thanks in advance.
Ali

Per-Anders
11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
yes, just drag off the layers palette then scale it as normal (and redock it if you want, though i prefer the layers to be seperate from channels myself so i just snap it back into place).

i do wish that painter would have tabbed palettes though.

SheepFactory
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Yea thats the problem , it doesnt let me scale it the size is fixed for some reason , i can make it smaller but not larger :\

Per-Anders
11-16-2005, 12:36 AM
make sure you undocked it properly from the channels/paths palette that it may be docked with before trying to resize it (i.e. grab the bar where it says "Layers" and drag it right off). i can scale it up to any length here).

Lunatique
11-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Hey, I didn't know you could do that. It's been buggin me too. Thanks!

Jinbrown
11-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Luna and others,

The following Painter 8 and Painter IX Palettes (in alphabetical order), when displayed independently, can be resized:

Color Sets
Channels
Layers
Image Portfolio
Scripts
Selection Portfolio

All Painter 8 and Painter IX Custom Palettes, when displayed independently, can be resized.

SheepFactory
11-24-2005, 06:31 PM
make sure you undocked it properly from the channels/paths palette that it may be docked with before trying to resize it (i.e. grab the bar where it says "Layers" and drag it right off). i can scale it up to any length here).

Thanks man that was it. It is stupid though , it was undocked when i was trying it , i had to dock and undock again then it worked.

SylvanMist
12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh thanks that was bothering me a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.